Central Ohio Rides

what

Doc the route we planning on taking is on the first page of this thread ( what) posted the route. Myself and buck are planning to run it Friday around noon or so. Your more than welcome to join. Glad to hear your back in the state . Maybe there can be talk about a early fall epic ride.

Will be eyeing this thread. Need to see what kind of workload the wife has for Friday. If she is stupid busy I'm down for some riding. Beats holding the couch down.

If she isn't very busy and gets done with work quickly we will probably cruise around together a bit.

Hey guys, I checked out a bit of the loop today and (we) retraced a good bit of the Epic Ride route... the western portion of 541 (west of 79) is in pretty bad shape, I would avoid it. Really gravelly out there too just in general because of all the rain. 260 and 26 down near Marietta were in pretty good shape but again, random gravel patches in corners and apparently some of 26 (north of 260 intersection) is 100% closed to traffic. There are were also cops EVERYWHERE. Two of our members WHO SHALL REMAIN UNNAMED got picked just ahead of me, though luckily they were only let off with a warning. I saw at least 5 state troopers / HWP on 62, and then another 4 or 5 throughout the remainder of the day. They are probably out in force since it's a holiday weekend coming up so I would advise against pushing triple digits.

I won't be out tomorrow because of prior plans but if you guys do get out, I wish you a good ride!

Doc the route we planning on taking is on the first page of this thread ( what) posted the route. Myself and buck are planning to run it Friday around noon or so. Your more than welcome to join. Glad to hear your back in the state . Maybe there can be talk about a early fall epic ride.

Haven't finished unpacking yet, wish I could have made it Friday :( . Ride safe guys

I agree.  It was a good run even though we improvised a little bit due to the incoming weather.   We'll have to get back out and do the whole loop.  Some of the roads further east are really nice.  Too top it off my ass didn't hurt when I got home.  I must be getting used to the 2x4 that I have for a seat.

Edited by Wojo72

Depending on what the weather looks like saturday (and possibly regardless of the weather saturday) I may head out for a ride this Friday. I'll either be heading up towards Coshocton again or possibly down towards hocking hills.

Gotta love getting your 40 hours in during the first 3 days of the week, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday I work. I rode half of the route you posted a few weeks ago. Started at IP and rode it backwards and only half of it still took 2 1/2 hours. Didn't hit the best part of it wouldn't mind to try and finish it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This weekend is probably my last weekend for rides this year (out of town pretty much all of October).

Anyone planning on being out and about? Probably Sunday since Saturday is looking rainy plus birthday obligations. 

Edited by what

Cool, post up Sat night and we can figure out from there. Now to decide if I want to take the SV out for a fare-thee-well ride or finish things out on the Triumph.

decisions decisions. 

I'm up for one as long as I can be back in the early afternoon.  I have no idea where to do as I have not been on any rides since moving here.