Any Car Mechanics Here?...

exSRAaron

back to the top!

normally do most of my work myself..but I was wondering if anyone has changed a wheel bearing before? I dont have the right tools to get it pressed out. Or point me in a direction of someone who can hook me up for a decent price! Let me know thanks

Aaron

Edited by exSRAaron

I normally do most of my work myself..but I was wondering if anyone could install a clutch & flywheel for me? Or point me in a direction of someone who can hook me up for a decent price! Let me know thanks

Aaron

I use jeff McCool 614-271-8373

Aaron what car do you have?

I'm thinkin about pickin' up an E36 M3 this weekend, but the clutch is gone, so I'm trying to price out how much it'll cost me.

I use jeff McCool 614-271-8373

Thanks Kacy, I'm gonna give him a call tomorrow and get an estimate.

Hey exSRAaron My cousin and myself have a shop,infact its where im opening my powdercoating business, PM me if interested

Awesome, Pm sent!

I've done clutches/converters in both. I'll take a RWD car over a FWD car ANY DAY. Drop the drive shaft, cross member, Lower the back of the trans, pull out the top bolts, raise the trans back up, support it, disconnect the conections, take out the last few bolts on the bottom, slide it backwards, lower trans jack, slide out from under car.

On a FWD you gotta screw with half shafts, and everything is in there sideways and super tight, no room to work on anything.

If you were closer I'd do it for ya, but seeing as how your 3 hrs away, it might be a bit of a problem.

^^ eh its not that bad.. it is by far not fun either. I used to do all my own work on the Wrangler I had. Those things were a breeze to work on though. Did a complete engine swap in a day or two. I dont think I would want to in a car that sits low like an M3 though. To that I would def say fuuccccccck that too lol.

GL Aaron... any pics of the car?

I've done clutches/converters in both. I'll take a RWD car over a FWD car ANY DAY. Drop the drive shaft, cross member, Lower the back of the trans, pull out the top bolts, raise the trans back up, support it, disconnect the conections, take out the last few bolts on the bottom, slide it backwards, lower trans jack, slide out from under car.

On a FWD you gotta screw with half shafts, and everything is in there sideways and super tight, no room to work on anything.

Agreed. Id rather do RWD, sideways sucks to pull out in my opinion

ah, I loved working on my Wrangler, and my CJ-7. shit was so simple. My Firebird was lowered 2" and I changed the clutch in that every season, and replaced the synchros in the trans every summer too. I got to be an expert at pulling F-body transmissions. I had a S-10 blazer I did a solid front axle swap on, and a Chrysler 8.25 rear in. That was nice to work on too, didn't need to lift it at all to pull the trans, thing would slide in and out with no problems LoL. Only RWD I'm not super fond of pulling is old SBCs, because then you've got to pull the dist to get the engine to lean back far enough to get to the top trans bolts. not a big deal, just an extra step.

^^ eh its not that bad.. it is by far not fun either. I used to do all my own work on the Wrangler I had. Those things were a breeze to work on though. Did a complete engine swap in a day or two. I dont think I would want to in a car that sits low like an M3 though. To that I would def say fuuccccccck that too lol.

GL Aaron... any pics of the car?

+1 for pics of car Aaron

&

+1 for jeeps being easy as hell to work on

I've had a couple Wranglers and a CJ-5 I built from the ground up and all were cake. Hell, my CJ sat so high I could sit upright on my ass underneath it to change the oil. Now my Honda FIT (RIP, totaled it last week:() is a different story...it takes everything I have to get to the oil filter in that car.

+1 for pics of car Aaron

&

+1 for jeeps being easy as hell to work on

I've had a couple Wranglers and a CJ-5 I built from the ground up and all were cake. Hell, my CJ sat so high I could sit upright on my ass underneath it to change the oil. Now my Honda FIT (RIP, totaled it last week:() is a different story...it takes everything I have to get to the oil filter in that car.

I've always wanted a wrangler but i dont think its happening anytime soon with these gas prices..:(

I have a few cell phone pics, but I'll get some more tomorrow if i go pick it up.

ps: Kacy, i called Jeff and he seemed pretty cool, If i cant find anyone else, I'll probably have him do it.

On Columbus Racing all you hear about is IPS this and IPS that. Its really annoying. But they seem to do good work, and Jeff and Brandon are good guys. Mike's cool too, but I don't really know him.

cant be worse than slow motion motorsports :nono:

On Columbus Racing all you hear about is IPS this and IPS that. Its really annoying. But they seem to do good work, and Jeff and Brandon are good guys. Mike's cool too, but I don't really know him.

IMO theyre cool...they are involved in 3/s cars more than anything else for the most part.