Head on crash in front of my house car-suv

motocat12

Need to start banging people with expensive tickets when you're caught on your cell phone.

It's the New DUI.

While I 100% agree that something needs to be done, the cost of enforcement is more expensive than the revenue of the ticket. First violation, I believe is $100 Approximately. While the cost of enforcement includes subpoenas, prosecutor costs, court costs, witness stand time for officers. The law needs to be re-written with more teeth, and less feel good measures.

Unfortunately, it's one of the damed if you do, damed if you don't scenarios. As is the case most of the time with shitty written laws, and enforment of said laws.

You have to include in your calculation the cost of not enforcing it and the accidents/injuries/deaths resulting.

Then there's all the people cops would shoot after they are assaulted by drivers pissed off @ being caught.

Seats have sensors for the airbags could block phones unless the passenger sensor is triggered.

Idiot drivers don't just occasionally make a mistake. if you continue watching them it's a constant theme. Like the middle aged asian lady in a minivan this morning: She pulled out from a stop sign in front of a car that had to hit their brakes, she went around a non blind curve fully on the opposite side of the road with a car coming around the curve in the opposite direction, then she swung wide into the opposite lane on a right turn at the next intersection.

Edited by motocat12