Need opinions from asshats.

Tonik

Asshats  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Put the covers on or not.

• Black covers will look cool.
    • Black covers will look retarted.
    • Doesn't matter, you need the covers to save your fork seals.
    • No opinion, I just like polls.

So here is the deal, I am going to put a fork brace on my front forks later this week.  It is polished steel. Not painting it yet, going to put it on first.  But to do so I have to remove the chrome covers that are over the forks in the below picture.  The brace will be right above the fender and those chrome covers are solid to the triple tee....so they will smash into the brace causing me to wreck.

So the opinion I am looking for is......black accordion fork covers or not.  I think without will look nice and clean and the black accordion covers will look retarded.

post-10994-0-03607700-1439155390_thumb.j

Edit:  Ok, there was a poll on this post, but Casper messed it up. Thanks Casper.

Edit 2:  Ok, the poll is there. I was able to undo Caspers incompetence. 

Edited by Tonik

Not gonna do the poll 'cause polls are meaningless.  Do what you think is right and cool 'cause it's your bike and, well....fuc& everybody else and what they think.  On a road bike, I seriously doubt that fork gaiters will make a damn bit of difference in the longevity of your fork seals.  IMHO, fork gaiters are for MX and DS bikes.  Go with your first thought.  If you DO decide to go with gaiters, get the pink ones....

• Upvote 1

Cut em

I may do that at a later date. Have to pull the forks to put this on and I want to change the fork oil anyway. So I can pull them off undamaged at that point.  I will leave that idea for this winter. Going to have a much better winter parking spot this winter for mods and work. Taking a section in the kids 4.5 car garage.

Neekid it is, never was much doubt. Just double checking my logic with others who might be asshats but still have a lot of knowledge and a good eye.

Edited by Tonik

Ok, so I came home from WV and it was in the mailbox.  Put it on, changed the fork oil and did front brakes.  Just took it for a quick spin around the block to make sure nothing falls off so no report on performance yet. Will shake it down tomorrow morning on Tpopa's Valley route. I will know for sure after that.

I think it looks factory, it is made out of cnc'd aluminum so it has the same brushed look as the lower half of my current forks. Very happy with how it looks.

I also learned an important lesson.  When you use the wife's measuring cup to measure out fork oil be sure to get it cleaned and back in the cupboard before she gets home.

post-10994-0-21152400-1439683324_thumb.j

post-10994-0-95003500-1439683324_thumb.j

Ok, I expected an improvement. I did not expect such a massive improvement. One of the top two or three mods I have ever done in my biking lifetime.  I may have to ban Ducati's from following me any more. Not sure they can handle it.

Ok, I expected an improvement. I did not expect such a massive improvement. One of the top two or three mods I have ever done in my biking lifetime. I may have to ban Ducati's from following me any more. Not sure they can handle it.

Fork brace i put on my Vstrom was the only thing that made that bike semi enjoyable to ride.