Tailgater by Dish

bowdog

Thinking about purchasing the tailgater by Dish for my travel trailer...Spoke with Dish last night and for $65 a month i can get pay as you go service with all the sports and movie channels. My question is....has anyone used this set up and how well did it work for you and do you have any suggestions on another set up? My main goal is to be able to watch TV wherever i go but i want the pay as you go plan so i am not paying for it all winter while my trailer sits. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy camping without tv?

I enjoy camping very much without TV. Main reason for the cable service is for the wife to have something to do while the bubbys and i ride all day, for when the nephews are down and want to watch something before falling asleep and my main reason is to be able to go to camp and still watch the buckeye games at camp instead of packing into the local bar or listening to them on the radio.

I've never used that service but I have DTV and the Genie boxes are fabulous. No problems whatsoever.

Thanks, I will look into.

Hotspot and Hulu? ;)

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Hotspot i have is Sprint and i don't get good enough service where we camp the most that i can stream TV.

My dad did this in his RV and loves it. That's about all I know of it

And this is the man that refused to pay for TV until 3 years ago which was the direct tv for the TV

Edited by Bad324

Awesome Tim!

thanks Bad, I think I am about ready to pull the trigger, was just hoping someone else here had one and could give me feedback, reviews are 90% excellent and the bad ones sound like it was human error or actual Dish service. That the only downside i am seeing is i am stuck with Dish network service.

What cable do you have at home? My friend just picked up a spare dish, and takes his box with him camping or to the race track. In the setup you just enter the zip code, and it gives you location to point dish. Works well, but that's if you are already a dish subscriber.

I have Time Warner at the house, tempted to switch because my cable/internet bill is running about $170 a month and that's getting ridiculous seeming how i barely watch TV. I will check out some Dish plans, thanks Mick!

Stubby = trade finger tip for for whiller.

Don't get more bubby than that. :lol:

If we have dish for the buckeye games, that negates the reason for the fun ride to the bar!

Boo!

And I don't think you can keep a secret from those bubbys down there.

Edited by max power