Ducati 750SS track bike - $2200

Sidewinder600

Hate to give this one up, but I'm moving way out of town and it doesn't make sense for me to cart this across the country. It's a 2000 Ducati 750SS that was an ex-WERA racer so it's a turn-key track bike. Excellent beginner track bike since it's just one of the air cooled 2 valvers and doesn't make stupid power like a Panigale or anything. Makes it easy on tires and simpler to maintain. It's been dead reliable for me the past two years with the exception of a loose Power Commander wire.

Safety wired, full track bodywork, high compression pistons (possibly big bore as well, but the previous owner wasn't sure, and I never felt the need to pop the heads off to find out), PC with custom map. It's had regular Rotella oil changes, only 2 track days on new cam belts, sprockets and chain replaced last year. Starts right up with no issues, idle set higher to cut down on engine braking. I have a clear title for it in my name, if that's important to you. You'd have to be an electrical masochist to get this thing street legal again tho.

All that being said, keep in mind it's been beaten around the track for years so it's got its warts. Been down a few times, repainted a few times, and it got knocked off its stand in the garage last year so there are a few crunch marks on the right side bodywork. The lower fairing also flops around a bit since it isn't braced so there are some pavement scrape marks from high leaning turns (I'm looking at you, Mid Ohio turn 1...). Adds to the awesome factor in my book. You'll get passed by about everyone on the back straight since it tops out at 125-ish with current gearing. Let them by and learn to pass them around Madness like a man. It's still good enough for fast guys to pull 1:45s at Mid O in any case.

Comes with the rear stand shown in the pics and Haynes manual. If you're real nice and/or pick it up this weekend I'll throw in a track day gift certificate for Mid O.

Linky for pics and running video: https://plus.google.com/109570033305155491822/posts/3BLY4WYT57p

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Soooo I'm out near the west coast now but this poor little guy is still waiting for a new home back in Ohio. He's in a buddy's garage north of Delaware (the town), cold, alone, and scared. He wants you to adopt him. And then to flog the ever living ish out of him once track season kicks off.

IMG_4115.JPG

• Upvote 1

Not exactly sure, but I'm guessing right around 400 all gassed up. Specs say 403 dry, but that's with all the lights, wiring, stock bodywork, seat, exhaust, etc., and those two mufflers were boat anchors. It's air/oil cooled so not having radiators and coolant slims things down a good bit too. Plus that means no having to worry about coolant changes!

• 1 month later...
  • Tonik locked this topic