Burn & Turn: Wish to have late lunch in Virginia?

NinjaDoc

Thinking about heading down Oh>PA>WV>Va and then turning back. Possibly this coming Saturday or friday if no takers . Havent ridden much in the past couple of months and this weekend i am getting a chance, cant do multiple day trip hence trying to just turn back. Havent posted any rides since the last time one guy crashed (he is doing very good now btw) Guessing there wont be much takers but thought i will post and see.

Friday 28 august
Will be whole day ride. About 650 + miles Hope to be back home by 9:30
Starting from canfield Sheetz (4585 boardman canfeild rd, canfeild OH 44406)
Meet at 5:30 AM and leave by 6:00 AM
short Stops every 150 miles for short snacks/ water / fuel
Late lunch stop in Va and then head back
Speed will be medium - more touring than sport so as to not drain energy for long ride.
Route will include some slab in between to save time
Main aim is to go hit Route 33 and cross to VA

Edited by NinjaDoc

Winter in ohio is designed for taking care of other stuff like surgeries :D summer is for riding. But what kind of surgery u getting?

Turn and burn it is then, does this phrase mean riding to a point and then turning back and slab, ? I am thinking of riding back and forth as much as sunlight allows

We just came up 250 from Snowshoe area yesterday.  250 was okay from the south up to Hundred, but it was really a mess between Hundred and Cameron.

Also, the phillipi covered bridge is closed for construction, so just take the "business 250" route around it.  not a big deal, it just goes over the concrete bridge about 1/2 mile away.

I might be able to get this Friday off for a trip like this.  I would have to stop every 90 miles for fuel however due to the small stock tank on my V-Rod, which will be upgraded this winter. Let me know if this is something you are still thinking of doing and I will try and work it out.

Regards

Jeff 

Jeff, i will let you know. After these guys dropped the koolwink equation i was wondering whtr i should wait till these guys finish there ride to know more about the area. But either ways i am riding this friday or saturday if not to Va some where in seo. I will wait for more input from Jerry. And i will PM you if we ride friday

And talking about gas stops, 90 mile seems pretty scary. We were in WV couple of weeks ago. I just looked up some google gas stops and kept riding, That was a major mistake as most of them turned out to be old closed off ones and i pulled in to a gas stop with just 0.2 or so gallon in my reserve. That day i knew the big boy gets about 190 to gas tank :D

Jeff, i will let you know. After these guys dropped the koolwink equation i was wondering whtr i should wait till these guys finish there ride to know more about the area. But either ways i am riding this friday or saturday if not to Va some where in seo. I will wait for more input from Jerry. And i will PM you if we ride friday

And talking about gas stops, 90 mile seems pretty scary. We were in WV couple of weeks ago. I just looked up some google gas stops and kept riding, That was a major mistake as most of them turned out to be old closed off ones and i pulled in to a gas stop with just 0.2 or so gallon in my reserve. That day i knew the big boy gets about 190 to gas tank :D

I am originally from Morgantown WV and know all to well about the gas stations through most of the state.  I could come up with a safe fuel container to place the saddle bags most likely or I think anyway.  I am also fee on Saturday morning or afternoon as my daughter has a Birthday party from 1pm to 3pm in which I have to be there to help out the wife.  

Hmm.. I go under tomorrow for my wizdumb teeth, but maybe I'll be alright for Saturday. Not sure, but I'd like to eat lunch in NY. I'm getting a new windscreen on Friday. Could use a shakedown run to see if it was worth the money I spent on it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I'm assuming at this point they are impacted? I was fine but the pain killers they gave me knocked me out for some nice 12-14hr naps for 3 days but otherwise I felt fine

Dan u are making me rethink my decision all the time :D as of now i am waiting for opinion from Jerry, I am back on the Virginia band wagon just because the route 33 looks more and more entertaining when i ride it via google map :)

Paul good luck with the teeth and i sure hope its just a simple stuff and u will be okay to ride friday as i am thinking friday to ride. Saturday i have to be back home little earlier and also not to forget its gonna be 95 degree on saturday. Not ideal for mega miler day.

Lol. I'm doing alright, actually. I can't wear a helmet, though. They stitched medical packs into my gums. I have to take this stuff call "medicine". It makes me pretty groggy. If you happen to know anyone that is a physician, you could ask them how it works. :)

A red bandana with Ducati logo emblazed on it can be substituted for the helmet :)

Take care pauly, I am already thinking another VA lunch in different direction if this works out well. U better be there without your wisdom tooth at that time.

if by any slight minimal little chance, any one still following the thread, Planning to ride tomorrow. Leaving canfeild sheetz at 6:00 AM. Updated first post with more details.

Edited by NinjaDoc

didnt happen :( if it happened there would have been so many pics and video

i never slept the night. showed up like a zombie at 5:30 and jerry was courteous enough to send me back. We decided to ride just to seo, first stop i am leaning against bike and sleeping, thats was the clue enough is enough :D

new plan is, jerry will call me one day at 4:30 AM one day and say lets go to Va, i thinks thats the only way i can get some sleep in :mastur:

Edited by NinjaDoc