It's finally happened

Bad324

Maybe it's because so many people show up without cash. I had a guy come look at my old VFR without cash and threw a bitch fit when I wouldn't let ride it.

Then he threw an even bigger bitch fit on the phone when he showed up at my work a week later after I sold it

There's a mentality change your betting on as a buyer with cash. Cash says to the seller, this pain in the ass of selling something can be over soon. I agree, it works sometimes.

2003 SV1000 in copper color that I love. 7k miles. Needs tires and "Cosmetic adjustments" but from the photos I can't tell what those may be and waiting on an answer back from the seller

What would be a good price to offer that I can flip next year for what I'd have in to it?

I love that copper color too, but I don't know many SV1000 owners who were happy with their bikes.

No more than $3000 for that bike if you're looking to turn it around without losing money.  Especially if you're looking at $250 in tires, and potentially other cosmetic flaws.

I still vote 2008ish Ninja 250...   For as infrequently as you ride it, a 250 will feel quick.  You can buy my 750 for when you want to carry a passenger.

Hmm well he's asking $3000 for the SV but needing what it does I was thinking $2k as a starting point with maybe a max of $2500. Just wondering if I can get $3000 for it next year if it went that route

oh believe me I already tried this. Dude is shady and a fucking asshole to boot. It's funny that he dropped the price to $2500, it was $3200 when I first contacted him.

Hmm well he's asking $3000 for the SV but needing what it does I was thinking $2k as a starting point with maybe a max of $2500. Just wondering if I can get $3000 for it next year if it went that route

What does it need? Clean title? You should be able to get $3000 for it later on assuming it's not a pile of garbage.

What does it need? Clean title? You should be able to get $3000 for it later on assuming it's not a pile of garbage.

I'm trying to get more information from the seller on exactly what all it needs. Tires and a left side mirror I know for sure

yeah the K3 SV's have their own parts. its '99-'02 and then '04-'09. you'd probably have to buy OEM for any part replacement, or at least it would be a challenge finding used crap on eBay/wherever (unless you go aftermarket).

**looks like the owner of that VFR got a surprise vasectomy looking at the tank...

Edited by what