Moving to Strongsville

redkow97

Unless something goes awry during our inspection, I'll be living in strongsville by Thanksgiving.

The house is massive. The yard isn't massive, but it's shaped nicely. Garage is okay. Shed will need to be replaced with something larger ????

Bibs optional.

Just trying to figure out who might be more local after the move.  To cap off the weekend, we got an offer on our house last night as well.  I'm not 100% sure we're accepting it, but there's a lot to be said for selling your house after less than a week of having it on the market...  The security of being certain we'll never have 2 mortgage payments may be too good to pass up.

Then again, we also have 2 more showing scheduled for tonight.  I'm tempted to at least allow the possibility of multiple bidders.  We're talking thousands of dollars at stake.  I don't want to be too hasty.

• Upvote 1

Showings don't equal offers so don't bank on it and lose a buyer hanging them waiting too long

A lady did that to us when we were looking cause she had a bunch of showings scheduled for the weekend. She didn't get one offer and we pulled ours to buy the house we ended up in.

And that's my fear - but at the same time, both showings will be complete before the offer is even 24 hours old. 

I'm trying to defer to our agent on this, and hope she points us the right way.  The offer is more than I expected to get for our house, but he wants 3% credit for closing costs.  I hadn't factored that into my projections.

If we accept the current offer, we can cover the down-payment on the new house, and pocket a few thousand on top of that. 

If we accept the current offer, we can cover the down-payment on the new house, and pocket a few thousand on top of that. 

Take the offer FFS.  The housing market is better, but not great. Too big of a gamble.

• Upvote 1

all this if your last sentence rings accurate

Dude across the street from me turned down an offer 5K below his asking price.  Took him 2 years to get another offer that was 15K below his asking price. He took it.  Add in property taxes for the two years and he was out 20K, plus the loan interest as he made two house payments.

the offer we've fielded is only $5k below asking, but the buyer wants us to credit 3% in closing costs.  That said, it's still reasonable. 

did i mention our house has only been on the market for 4 days?

If you go back and counter.....don't change the closing costs, give them that. counter on the selling price. They don't have the cash for closing costs is my bet.

• Upvote 1

Seriously take that and run. We were on the market for 55 days and had 24 showings before the first offer came and 10 under asking. Countered at 5 under since he needed us out in 30 days and took it and ran

• Upvote 1

i got email notifications that the showings for tonight have been cancelled (by my wife), so I'm betting she lost her nerve and accepted the offer while i was in court.  We'd discussed it earlier, so I knew that was a possibility.

We got ours for 14k under original asking. Still overpayed by 6k. But, the brand new kitchen with 2 month old stainless steel top o da line samsung appliences, with new floor, granite counter tops and new cabinets kind of made up for it.

He started at 132. It was for sale for at least a year before we looked at it. By the time we did he was asking 128.

We offered 115. He said, no. He came down to 129k. lol

We countered at 118. He said no he had to much into it.

Our realtor looked him square in the eye and said, that's not my problem.

He cried a little. He was selling it himself.

We told him, we're not going a penny over 118.

3 days later he called our realtor and said fine.

He was extra pissed when we told him he needed to be out in 30 days. But aamzingly it happened, and he and his wife and son and twin newborn kids had to move into his mommy and daddys house for 6 months while their new house was being built.

/coldhearted.

Edited by zx3vfr

We got ours for 14k under original asking. Still overpayed by 6k. But, the brand new kitchen with 2 month old stainless steel top o da line samsung appliences, with new floor, granite counter tops and new cabinets kind of made up for it.

He started at 132. It was for sale for at least a year before we looked at it. By the time we did he was asking 128.

We offered 115. He said, no. He came down to 129k. lol

We countered at 118. He said no he had to much into it.

Our realtor looked him square in the eye and said, that's not my problem.

He cried a little. He was selling it himself.

We told him, we're not going a penny over 118.

3 days later he called our realtor and said fine.

He was extra pissed when we told him he needed to be out in 30 days. But aamzingly it happened, and he and his wife and son and twin newborn kids had to move into his mommy and daddys house for 6 months while their new house was being built.

/coldhearted.

What Smasung models? I'll tell you if it's actually top of the line or their marketed overpriced shit models. I know way too much about Samsung products now

why are you moving? new job or closer to work?

Good luck with sale and move. I visit Eastlake a few times a year. One of these days I need to have a meet up there while I am in town.

school district and more storage.  We bought more house than we were really looking for, but Sara kept walking around saying "I LOVE THIS HOUSE" every time she turned a corner.  The price was at the top of our range, but within our range, and it's move-in ready (unlike several of the places we looked at for less).

We're going from 3 beds and 2 full baths with no basement (1600 square feet) to 4 beds, 3 full baths, a full basement, and 2500+ square feet.   I wanted more land, which I didn't really get, but it's a cul-de-sac lot, so it's shaped in a manner that gives me a relatively large back yard, with very little front yard to mow or landscape.  That's a win.  Plus this house has a fence already, which saves me from spending $10k fencing in a half-acre or whatever for our dogs.

the only thing i'm not thrilled with is that the roof will need to be replaced in the next 5 years or so, but I'm aware of that, and I can plan for it (or do it myself, if I can convince the wife to let me).

Congrats man. But I can tell you that after moving from town to 2 acres in the country, I will never live in a neighborhood again.

Wife wants our daughter to grow up with friends in the neighborhood.

Considering I still regularly see 4 guys who lived within 5 blocks of my parents, I'm not fighting too hard against that possibility.

• Upvote 2

final review of mortgage approval is Saturday.  Home inspection is Sunday. 

I'm hoping that it's as nice as I remember it when we walk through on Sunday and take a harder look!

don't kid yourself, it never is :lol:

our new place I thought was immaculate. We moved in and started painting and the amount of paint I've had to clean from the woodwork is ridiculous. I swear Helen Keller painted this damn place before us because it was a) hideous colors and b) just friggin everywhere