Mid Ohio Monday 9/21

jhughes

Plenty of room in the "A" group for you Chuck.   :)

Though I thought it was odd that they made me safety wire my kickstand up.  According to the MidO site that's not required, and walking around the paddock, none of the other "A" bikes that had kickstands had them wired up.   :confused:

Thanks to Dave, the guy next to me, for helping me put the bike on the rear stand after each session.

Edited by Trackbikez

I'm good in "I".....the difference in corner speed allows me to control who safe to be around in the corners.... and besides theirs a few who think closing speeds are unsafe in "A", so I won't rock the boat! LOL

I understand the concern over closing speeds, but in Advanced group, people should be on the ball enough to deal with it.  Honestly, my biggest closing speed scare wasn't even really a "closing" issue, it was at Nelson where a group of 600's were exiting the carousel behind a ninja 250.  He was in 5th gear pinned, and we were rolling on in 3rd gear.   His corner speed was totally safe, but we were accelerating a lot harder than him and it made for some hairy riding when the second through fifth rider in the 600cc train suddenly realized how rapidly we were catching the guy we weren't watching...

our fault, not his.

Edited by redkow97

I think most of us understand the concepts involved on trackdays........I know yesterday, I may of passed a little close according to mid-o "I" rules, that was due to people unclean lines, very few though.....they'd start on inside and drift out wide, I won't bitch if you don't bitch it's all part of trackdays with the mixture of speeds on straights and in corner....I understand it!. I've spent enough time on the track racing and at TD, just as long as  they do...

i didn't have to safety wire my kickstand, and never had, either I or A group. if I leave it down, making the left from pit lane into turn 1 always kicks it back up! (jk)

weather was perfect, too bad about the back to back ambulance trips that shut the track down. hope the riders are ok. but, apparently you weren't aware, but they extended the day till 6pm so got all our promised riding in. Thank you MO.

@trackbikez - it was fun running with you and Tom on the RC51, I usually only got a view of your pipes from behind, at least until you ran off the track going into the keyhole. :>)

Edited by i-Zapp
  • Upvote 1

i didn't have to safety wire my kickstand, and never had, either I or A group. if I leave it down, making the left from pit lane into turn 1 always kicks it back up! (jk)

weather was perfect, too bad about the back to back ambulance trips that shut the track down. hope the riders are ok. but, apparently you weren't aware, but they extended the day till 6pm so got all our promised riding in. Thank you MO.

@trackbikez - it was fun running with you and Tom on the RC51, I usually only got a view of your pipes from behind, at least until you ran off the track going into the keyhole. :>)

:o I wondered how many people saw the ol' "baja the bustop" or "keyhole cut-through" move.  I came in a little hotter than normal into the bus stop and to compound it, my boot slipped off the peg.  It was my first "off" at MidOh, but not the first time I've had a sportbike in the grass.  The video isn't that exciting to watch either, but I'll have it posted later.  I'm just glad everyone was WELL AWARE of my intended re-entry point in the keyhole and slowed up a little for me.

I had a great time riding with you guys.  I talked to Tom after we swapped passes in the afternoon session (good footage of that).  Rode really clean and consistent.  I was upset the SV wasn't reeling him in (I thought he was on a Superhawk), until I found it was an RC51 with some engine work done.  His fuel smelled really good coming from his tailpipe though.  :D