Evo cuts of a motorcycle then...

Casper

Guarantee shit like this would happen all the time in Ohio if you lane split. That dude almost got taken out. That's why I don't lane split. Too many asshats get enraged when you go around them, they think they are entitled to the position their in and you basically cut the line. Someone posted a video a while back of a dude who got out of his car and attacked a rider and his passenger over lane splitting. Don't need that kind of stress while riding.

I filtered for years in other cities with no physical harm.

Besides time saving, filtering keeps you from getting rear-end sandwiched into the stopped car in front of you by a distracted driver.

At least being attacked gives you a sporting chance. I never saw this guy coming as my helmet smashed the car in front.

There's way more stupid drivers than angry violent ones

13119665594_b97071d2ae_b.jpg

Edited by motocat12

The trick to safe and successful lane splitting is to be faster than the potentially enraged/ego racer next to you, gotta be fully aware of the people around you until they're well behind you. I've never had a problem splitting cause I will always get to speed limit or 10 over (sometimes even more obviously [emoji11]) well before any car. Don't give dem fucks a chance to mess with me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Guarantee shit like this would happen all the time in Ohio if you lane split. That dude almost got taken out. That's why I don't lane split. Too many asshats get enraged when you go around them, they think they are entitled to the position their in and you basically cut the line. Someone posted a video a while back of a dude who got out of his car and attacked a rider and his passenger over lane splitting. Don't need that kind of stress while riding.

You just have to create the right culture.  That doesn't happen when it is stupidly illegal and many people do not do it.  In CA where it is done all the time I did it for years with not one single issue.  The cars know you are doing it and they behave accordingly.  As for if they get pissed off frankly you shouldn't be anywhere near that same car not 10 seconds later if you are doing it correctly.  So they can sit and stew in their traffic. 

Upon further thought, and a second watch, the EVO driver must have panic-braked and really made no attempt to steer into the skid.  He or she is just a bad driver.   There's no reason to rotate 270 degrees at that speed unless you're totally incompetent. 

• 2 weeks later...

That evo driver is a tool. Good thing the motorcyclist isn't. Lane splitting doesn't turn people into tools. They just are. I filter cautiously on a regular basis & have never made anybody crash their car. Conversely, no car has ever made me crash my bike although some have tried. I find filtering safer than exposing my rear.

• Upvote 1