Suggested curve speed is the speed limit speed?

Gump

I got 86 in a 70 in Virginia. It was a reckless operation in the Commonwealth. I got 0 points on my license in Ohio, but it got my insurance company to drop me. My new insurance is more expensive. The kick in the balls is that it would have been speeding in Ohio, and it would have barely been a blip on the insurance radar.

Some states suck on that stuff. Seems like the closer you are to either ocean the worse it is.

Ohio would definitely be failing, not to mention our taxes would climb from the extra 3 billions signs needing made/installed.

Insurance companys usually practice an annual MVR run against all of their clients, at least that was policy back when my Mother was my agent

"fuzz buster" is such a dumb nickname to me... In fact, I question the usefulness of any device that is designed to alert you that you've already been targeted by a speed-detection device.  It's basically just an early notification that you're already fucked.

lol... thats who taught him how to drive.

My mom taught me to drive too.  1974 Corvette 454....doing 90 down the middle lane of a freeway both of us drinking Manhattans bringing back Chinese food. She says 'Watch this' and downshifts into 3rd and nails it. Takes off like a rocket...she swings out to the left lane to pass a car just as the freeway curves to the right. She panics and jerks the wheel and we spin out.  2.5 donuts across the freeway and we launch through the ditch and through a fence onto a golf course. Sitting right on the green next to the flag we can't open the doors we are buried so far in the mud. So I pop one of the T Tops, she passes out the Manhattans and the Chinese and we scramble up the side of the freeway. One of my buddies dad's saw us go in, he gave us a lift home.

"fuzz buster" is such a dumb nickname to me... In fact, I question the usefulness of any device that is designed to alert you that you've already been targeted by a speed-detection device.  It's basically just an early notification that you're already fucked.

The alert plays the theme to COPS; "Bad Boys, Bad boys, wotchagunndo?  wotchagunnda whenda cumfayoo?"

If they're using a laser, yes, you are screwed if speeding and the laser tone goes off. This "Fuzzbuster" is over ten years old. The other detected bands, you often get a decent warning.  

A judge told me in ohio there only has to be 1 speed limit sign on a road. This was way back in 1994. I tried the i didnt see a speed limit sign argument before. She didnt give a shit i was right there was 1 sign and not on my side.

women judges are cunts. Women should not be judges. Ecspeciialy they should not be allowed t be judges in family court. Thank god you don't even need to go to court to get a divorce anymore

A judge told me in ohio there only has to be 1 speed limit sign on a road. This was way back in 1994. I tried the i didnt see a speed limit sign argument before. She didnt give a shit i was right there was 1 sign and not on my side.

Didn't see it is never a defense. Speed limit signs do however need to be specific height without obstructions. MUTCD, they have no case. 24x30" sign. 5' from the surface of the road to the bottom of the sign in rural areas. 7' in business, come recital, or residential areas. 2' from the obstruction edge(gaurd rail) thats near the roadway to the sign. 12' from the edge of the roadway in rural areas. Either "area" designation, the sign is improperly posted.

Edited by Gump

women judges are cunts. Women should not be judges. Ecspeciialy they should not be allowed t be judges in family court. Thank god you don't even need to go to court to get a divorce anymore

A female judge in Canton, is an all around bad person.

If you come to an intersection and turn onto a road and there is no speed limit sign you're supposed to assume that the limit is the same as the street you turned off of. At least that's what they taught me in drivers ed.

http://thenewspaper.com/rlc/news.asp?ID=3737

http://thenewspaper.com/rlc/docs/2012/oh-mutcd25.pdf

Edited by Gump

• 1 month later...