Are loud pipes compensation for something else?

Tonik

weird. First I've heard of this discovery.

Yea, it is weird. How the hell do the monkeys know they have small balls compared to the rest of the monkeys.  Why do they care?  There are a million questions about this. It's also pretty darn cool info.

Loud pipe on Grom because it saved like 20 pounds and defiantly made it easier to move my ass up hills.

Louder pipe on 599 because some hard of hearing old fuck who owned it before me put it on.

Fixed lol

Well, if the monkies with shitty balls didn't have something going for them they'd of been weeded out of the gene pool long ago. Still sing better than bieber.

also harleys, lift kit trucks, muscle cars

did i do it? did i get 'em?

Yea, it is weird. How the hell do the monkeys know they have small balls compared to the rest of the monkeys. Why do they care? There are a million questions about this. It's also pretty darn cool info.

I do believe in a genetic ability give take theory. a naturally amazing artist is not typically a math wizard.

I like a loud exhaust. I can't ride how I normally ride with a quiet one, too distracting. I listen to the exhaust and feel the bike to gauge what the engine is doing, If I cant hear It I have to keep looking at the tach and wonder what the hell is going on. Whereas I would usually never look down and not think about it at all. 

Loud pipes attract unwanted attention. Although I do like the sound of my cbr with the Yoshimura full system on it I do like the stealth of a stock exhaust. Those gp exhausts on sport bikes & the straight pipe Hardleys are obnoxious. Loud colors save lives.

I always thought it was to save lives.

Yes, they imply safety reasons.

Has anybody else ever noticed, when you hear loud pipes and look, almost never do they have a helmet on. I mean, what's the point of drawing attention if when they look they can't see who you are?

Low guttural sounds of an adult male are common in the animal kingdom. Somewhat of a jump to loud pipes.