Multistrada savvy folks please school me...

Helmutt

Well....I THOUGHT I'd made up my mind on the next bike. Guess that was a little bit of premature ejac going on. Still got some reservations to mull over, but I'm getting ever closer to figuring out what is the right bike for me. Really do like what I'm seeing about the new Multi though

the multi is an amazing machine, and all of the "i wish it had"  has been done on the new model.  its a technological dream, and the motor is amazing on them.  I'm still on a 2010, but its still my favorite bike of all time that i have owned.  i like a lot of bikes, i have owned a lot of bikes, but the multistrada is by far #1 in my list.  the engine is sublime, the handling is amazing, great brakes, good seating position.  you can tour all day on it, or do a track day.

a lot of the gripes i have with my bike would be windscreen buffeting, low end fueling issues, no cruise, and soft spring rate in the forks.

the model addresses all these issues and adds a bevy of additional items that make the experience more enjoyable.  

that being said, i know a few people who have ridden the bmw version of the multistrada, and rave over it, saying it is the better of the 2 bikes.  i can not attest to this, but i just have lost the lust for an inline.  the twin just sounds better, feels better coming out of corners, and the noise of the L twin is just amazing.   you could saying I'm bias on this for sure, but again, of all the bikes I've owned/ridden, the multistrada always puts a smile on my face.

• Upvote 2

the multi is an amazing machine, and all of the "i wish it had"  has been done on the new model.  its a technological dream, and the motor is amazing on them.  I'm still on a 2010, but its still my favorite bike of all time that i have owned.  i like a lot of bikes, i have owned a lot of bikes, but the multistrada is by far #1 in my list.  the engine is sublime, the handling is amazing, great brakes, good seating position.  you can tour all day on it, or do a track day.

a lot of the gripes i have with my bike would be windscreen buffeting, low end fueling issues, no cruise, and soft spring rate in the forks.

the model addresses all these issues and adds a bevy of additional items that make the experience more enjoyable.  

that being said, i know a few people who have ridden the bmw version of the multistrada, and rave over it, saying it is the better of the 2 bikes.  i can not attest to this, but i just have lost the lust for an inline.  the twin just sounds better, feels better coming out of corners, and the noise of the L twin is just amazing.   you could saying I'm bias on this for sure, but again, of all the bikes I've owned/ridden, the multistrada always puts a smile on my face.

Thanks man. And the XR isn't a bad bike, how can it be with it winning most of the comparisons against the Multi? But, it has heavy vibration issues ( bad for long hauls ) and is said it lacks the refinement/character of the Duc. I've also read that the luggage of the XR isn't as quality as the Multi. And, like you, I've simply grown tired of the same old 4cyl and long for a torquey twin.

The RS seemed to be exactly what I wanted until I read about issues with upset chassis dynamics past highway speeds ( felt like it was reaching it's limits from 85+ and loses it's smooth feel ), and the boxer seemed to pull or push the bike when you accel in a corner, or even when giving it some neutral throttle on it's sidestand. Things I hadn't considered to be deal breakers until I thought more about it. The Duc is a similar animal to the RS in most every aspect but the offroad portion - and I dont plan to do any of that, but just knowing that option is there gives the Multi a leg up in my book. Wind protection is better on the '15 Multi than older models, and there isn't much out there that could truly offer my wide frame a turbulent free zone anyway - so until I graduate to the big tourers, most all of the smaller sporttourers will give me buffeting to some degree

This alone has almost pushed me to buy a bike this week and start a new "guess what it is" thread

You buy an actual motorcycle and actually drive it to my house and show me an actual title in your name and I will take you to an actual Cavs game.

EDIT:  This week.

EDIT 2: Without an 10 page thread on what to buy.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

You buy an actual motorcycle and actually drive it to my house and show me an actual title in your name and I will take you to an actual Cavs game.

EDIT:  This week.

EDIT 2: Without an 10 page thread on what to buy.

:lol: the best part is I could still do the ride it to your house and show you the title in my name without spending a dime. This is tempting :D

HAHAHHA

Why didnt you get the VFR back yet?

Some family issues arose so had to help take care of some things Sunday. Also, because I'm still racking my brain if I want to have that much cash tied up in it vs how much use it would get. Pretty much was the reason I sold it back in Spring. But seeing it again definitely made my heart flutter :lol:

Edited by Bad324

Some family issues arose so had to help take care of some things Sunday. Also, because I'm still racking my brain if I want to have that much cash tied up in it vs how much use it would get. Pretty much was the reason I sold it back in Spring. But seeing it again definitely made my heart flutter :lol:

Damn thing broke down more than a Ducati. Cut your losses and get a good bike.

Damn thing broke down more than a Ducati. Cut your losses and get a good bike.

You thinking of the right bike? It stranded me once when the stator died probably 4-5 years ago and in the spring it was a user error when the battery died because I didn't unplug the GPS while also not hooking up to the tender

You thinking of the right bike? It stranded me once when the stator died probably 4-5 years ago and in the spring it was a user error when the battery died because I didn't unplug the GPS while also not hooking up to the tender

Yea, but it was too big of a temptation to fit in the negative Ducati reference in a thread about buying a Ducati.

• Upvote 1

I hope all is well.

In other news, if you don't buy it back, I'll make sure to ride it on a group ride just so you can get the feels the entire time. So long as its not a fast ride.

Brian, buy my Multistrada. I'm telling you...deal of the century.

i am struggling to justify buying the vfr back for less than I sold it in the spring. I don't know how I would every justify the Multi even though it would be a smoking deal

Yea, but it was too big of a temptation to fit in the negative Ducati reference in a thread about buying a Ducati.

You will NOT sway my decision with your asshatery ( which contains both ass and hate, just for you ;) )

• Upvote 1

That rider looks like he is 11 from that angle. 

It's World Superbike rider Chaz Davies.  The dudes like 6ft tall.  Those new multistrada's just have a bunch of room on them to be comfortable.  I've been drooling over one since they came out with the redesign several years ago and have only resisted test riding one because I know I will have to sell all my current bikes to go own one. 

Those new multistrada's just have a bunch of room on them to be comfortable.  I've been drooling over one since they came out with the redesign several years ago and have only resisted test riding one because I know I will have to sell all my current bikes to go own one.

I hear ya, and this bike was my SECOND choice. I definitely want a gourmet motorcycle ( ie German, Italian, something other than Japanese ) AND a new bike for the first time - so I may as well knock out both of those bucket list items at once, right? Really want the S model in white

IMG_5256-1024x854.jpg