Got the Tesla!

Tonik

How long you gonna have it? I'd like to see it and I think so would Lyns and the shithead I feed and shelter with zero gratitude in return. 

Complete re-edit after pondering it.  Lets make it 3:00 pm.

Edited by Tonik

I don't a phone at the moment. If you messaged me, I didn't get it. Lyns works today, so I can't give you her number. Don't go out of your way to show it off to me. I'm a lost cause... :(

Next time. I will get it again.

Took the turnpike from 77 to Elyria. Never touched the gas, brakes or steering wheel the whole way. It slows down if it catches up to someone and paces them, tap the turn signal and it changes lanes.  As I passed people I would wave with both hands.

Probably shouldn't have done that to the statie.

• Upvote 3

I still have my deposit in for a Model X but it looks like I wouldn't be able to get one until late 2016 and my current lease ends in March. I may end up with a Model S but honestly with bad knees it's a drag getting in and out of a low car so I'll have to wait until closer to March to decide.

Took the turnpike from 77 to Elyria. Never touched the gas, brakes or steering wheel the whole way. It slows down if it catches up to someone and paces them, tap the turn signal and it changes lanes.  As I passed people I would wave with both hands.

Probably shouldn't have done that to the statie.

I dont know how I feel about these driving aids. I feel like its going to make bad drives worse because they feel like they can completely rely on these devices and features.

I still have my deposit in for a Model X but it looks like I wouldn't be able to get one until late 2016 and my current lease ends in March. I may end up with a Model S but honestly with bad knees it's a drag getting in and out of a low car so I'll have to wait until closer to March to decide.

It is low, and the foot area is considerably lower than the sill along the bottom of the door..so your leg has to go up pretty far as you exit so you can clear it.

I dont know how I feel about these driving aids. I feel like its going to make bad drives worse because they feel like they can completely rely on these devices and features.

I can tell you that I was watching the road and what was going on like a hawk.  It is nerve wracking, fun...like carving a corner too fast. You also have to keep at least a finger on the wheel. If you don't it yells at you and eventually disengages.

Can you tell if it detect motorcycles , scooters, bicyles, pedestrians? What about a cinderblock that fell off a truck your lane?

It sees everything beside you including bikes and people and won't change lanes if there is something there. I can see that on the dash, it has your car there and displays yellow in the area where something is next to you.  Dunno about cinder blocks.

I can tell you that I was watching the road and what was going on like a hawk.  It is nerve wracking, fun...like carving a corner too fast. You also have to keep at least a finger on the wheel. If you don't it yells at you and eventually disengages.

Interesting, does it have sensors on the wheel? How does it know!? Tesla's are being self aware arent they, they are going to start driving people into walls n shit.

Interesting, does it have sensors on the wheel? How does it know!? Tesla's are being self aware arent they, they are going to start driving people into walls n shit.

It uses three types of sensors. Forward looking radar to pace the vehicle in front of you.  A forward facing camera to see the lanes and lane lines  And a boatload of ultrasonic sensors all the way around for short range obstacles and things beside you.  When I pull it into the garage I can get the front 1 inches from the wall just using the display on the dash with very little effort.

The rep had me use the "autopilot" (it was before the latest software update for this for steering) and it was nerve-racking for me to not hit the brakes when the car ahead of me slowed/stopped.

The follow distance is adjustable, from 1 car length to 7.  I find 7 helps calm the nerves, it actually quite far. One thing I noticed is if the car in front of you hits the exit ramp and slows way down the Tesla will slow also until they are way over. That is not good with people behind you.  And the auto drive sucks in the city, too many missing lane lines, intersections and so on. It is not ready for the city yet but on the freeway it is really good.

GM has pretty much everything that is needed for this, with the exception of the software being put into the vehicles.  They MAY need to add more side radar , but they have side cameras that seem to work well for low speed maneuvering.  We also have the haptic feed back (in the seats) for lane departure.  We also have lane keep assist that will keep you between the lines.  The rumor that I hear is that GM with have a self-driving vehicle this next year.  Still not in production though, due to all of the legalities.

I'd love to take a Tesla out for a cruise.  Any of the electric/hybrid stuff that I have driven has some pretty hard acceleration!

Where at?

Macedonia, by that big strip mall at 82 and 271. There is at least one in every decent sized city. You can easily go all over the country stopping every 200 miles or so for a charge. They planned them to be near malls and coffee shops. It took it from 70 miles left in range to 240 miles in 30 minutes.

Most Walmarts have them too, but not free and they are not the super chargers.

Macedonia, by that big strip mall at 82 and 271. There is at least one in every decent sized city. You can easily go all over the country stopping every 200 miles or so for a charge. They planned them to be near malls and coffee shops. It took it from 70 miles left in range to 240 miles in 30 minutes.

Most Walmarts have them too, but not free and they are not the super chargers.

Interesting. Ever since the job situation changed and we upgraded house I had to stop following all the new stuff with the Tesla and Corvettes cause it depressed me that they aren't gonna happen anymore