Good deal for GSX-R 1000?

Wojo72

Mmmm looks like for once someone isnt trying to get a arm and a leg for a super bike. Paid 7000$ for my 07 750 gsxr with 15.000 miles.  I say not a bad buy

:horror:  tell me you bought it for that price in like 2009

Unfortunately no. I was mesmerized by the chrome wheels the fresh dunlop Q3s.lol

oh boy! In 2011 I was looking for a 750 that I thought I'd use as a street and track bike and was finding them in the 3-5k range all day. Then I found my Phoenix which nixed the 750 and then I met my wife which nixed having the time for a 2nd bike

oh boy! In 2011 I was looking for a 750 that I thought I'd use as a street and track bike and was finding them in the 3-5k range all day. Then I found my Phoenix which nixed the 750 and then I met my wife which nixed having the time for a 2nd bike

At this point shes nixed everything fun. You dont even have a 1st bike anymore :(

At this point shes nixed everything fun. You dont even have a 1st bike anymore :(

selling the VFR was on me. She thought I was crazy selling it in the first place then she was shocked I didn't come home with it a few weeks ago. But I want a car and can't afford both so car wins

selling the VFR was on me. She thought I was crazy selling it in the first place then she was shocked I didn't come home with it a few weeks ago. But I want a car and can't afford both so car wins

Haha, if it helps, I rode her last weekend to stretch her legs.

^not for 2002 pre radial brakes unless you have a thing for old low-mi bikes

Nothing wrong with the 6 pot Tokico's on that bike!

IF as stated, this makes a very good street super bike... Great motor which still has massive midrange with a top end hit.  Nothing wrong with the age.

Nothing wrong with the 6 pot Tokico's on that bike!

IF as stated, this makes a very good street super bike... Great motor which still has massive midrange with a top end hit.  Nothing wrong with the age.

Personal preference. I wont buy a motorcycle pre-dating 2006 at this point.

Personal preference. I wont buy a motorcycle pre-dating 2006 at this point.

To each their own, but I do not understand this line of thinking. If bike is fuel injected with modern suspension, other than all the electronic rider aids what is the difference?

Don't get me wrong, ABS and traction control are great, but there are many 10-15 year old bikes that are better than some of the newer stuff.

To each their own, but I do not understand this line of thinking. If bike is fuel injected with modern suspension, other than all the electronic rider aids what is the difference?

Don't get me wrong, ABS and traction control are great, but there are many 10-15 year old bikes that are better than some of the newer stuff.

^^This^^

I loved my old 1997 TL1000, sold it a few years ago to get more touring oriented. That bike would hang with or beat any of the newer stuff out there. Miss that bike like hell.

ABS on a bike is mandatory for me. It is that much better. Its a life saver.