HELP!!! with touring pant shopping.

2talltim

Got them today, might end up sending them back. Their sizing is way off from what im used to. One size too big in the waist and WAY too long. The problem is if i want to exchange them it will cost me another $110 since i bought these our of their clearance stock.

To be fair to Aerostich(of which I'm a fan), it's only costing you $110 because the size you need isn't on clearance, correct? Aerostich does not charge a fee to return/exchange items for any reason you're not satisfied, so long as the item is in new condition.

Money Back Satisfaction

If you are dissatisfied with any RiderWearHouse Catalog item in any way, you have 30 days from the date of delivery to return it, in an undamaged and unsoiled condition, for a full refund, by pre-paid delivery to Aero Design & Manufacturing Company, 8 South 18th Avenue West, Duluth, MN 55806.

To be fair to Aerostich(of which I'm a fan), it's only costing you $110 because the size you need isn't on clearance, correct? Aerostich does not charge a fee to return/exchange items for any reason you're not satisfied, so long as the item is in new condition.

Money Back Satisfaction

If you are dissatisfied with any RiderWearHouse Catalog item in any way, you have 30 days from the date of delivery to return it, in an undamaged and unsoiled condition, for a full refund, by pre-paid delivery to Aero Design & Manufacturing Company, 8 South 18th Avenue West, Duluth, MN 55806.

Exactly, just need to decide if I want to spent the extra cash. I was already over my budget when I bought the clearance ones.

Nothing at the Pony can come close, plus anything else will likely had been made in a sweat shop over seas. You ride a lot and ride in all conditions, premium gear is well worth it and I will never personally go the cheaper route ever again. Aerostich, Rev-IT, Klim, BMW, Roadcrafter......just a few that are legendary for longevity and performance for good reasons. My AD-1 pants are getting ordered soon, I have gone through 4 pairs of riding pants in less than 10 years, time for me to go the high end route for a change. Hope you end up doing what makes you happy and makes the most sense Tim. :)

I bought a pair in new condition on eBay.... Needed an alteration, Aerostitch wanted to charge $75.00 for the alteration, plus $75.00 charge because I didn't purchase new from them ( I get that ). I had it done locally for $20.00. Since then, I've ridden in all day rain, stayed dry. Tested them on a low speed crash on my dual sport. They have held up very well! I think you will be happy with them, once you get them altered. Just my .02 ....

I think om fine on the waist size now, especially if I add hip pads. The lenth is anoying when walk but not too bad when in the riding position. My main remaining issue is where the knee pads are. I've read where Aerostich has iron on velcro patches to help this but usually that's the Darian pants they post that about. I'll call them tommorow to see if that's a option.

Edited by 2talltim

Called them today and they offer no help on the pants I bought. Since they were in the sale section they are "as is" no alterations, no help with fitting and warranty on sale items is only 90 days. Plus i found out the ones i have are the "old style" without the full water proof leg zipper, as well as not having the adjustable knee pads. They will let me return them for refund minus the $15 I paid or shipping plus i have to pay to ship them back. So on a return i'm out about $25 if i exchange for the newer style and correct size i'm in for another $110.

Ok I'm bailing on the areostitch and sending them back, for multiple reasons. Are they nice? Yes. Would I buy them later at full price? possibly. At full price I think you get exactly what you pay for not overpriced not a bargain.

I contacted riders discount about a pair of the tour master over pant and the price they gave me just cannot be beat. My reasons are this.

Although I liked the areostitch a lot, by the time I get the correct size and the extra pads I want they are really twice my original budget.

I currently have a tourmaster jacket and the pants zip onto and go with it perfectly

The tour master pants zip down from the top of the leg for venting the A.S. did not.

Still kind of upset the A.S. are made in Vietnam(not a deal breaker but it was on my mind)

And I've been debating loosing some weight with the wife this year and if I do I don't want to be stuck with a $350 pair of pants I couldn't wear anymore. And the T.M. pants are a third the price.

So the tourmaster are ordered and I hope they fit. If I get at least 2 years out of them I'll be happy.

Edited by 2talltim

Ok I'm bailing on the areostitch and sending them back, for multiple reasons. Are they nice? Yes. Would I buy them later at full price? possibly. At full price I think you get exactly what you pay for not overpriced not a bargain.

I contacted riders discount about a pair of the tour master over pant and the price they gave me just cannot be beat. My reasons are this.

Although I liked the areostitch a lot, by the time I get the correct size and the extra pads I want they are really twice my original budget.

I currently have a tourmaster jacket and the pants zip onto and go with it perfectly

The tour master pants zip down from the tip of the leg for venting the A.S. did not.

Still kinds upset the A.S. are made in Vietnam(not a deal breaker but it was on my mind)

And I've been debating loosing some weight with the wife this year and if I do don't want to be stuck with a $350 pair of pants I couldn't wear anymore. And the T.M. pants are a third the price.

So the tourmaster are ordered and I hope they fit...lol

Thanks for the order, I hope they fit too! 

The Tourmaster pants came today and the fit is good. The length and waist are perfect a little baggy in the thigh and ass but us fat guys with no ass are used to that. Seem well made and has venting in the thigh area and some nice deep pockets. Only thing i can say that i dont like is there is a snap instead of a hook and buckle on thr waist. I'm pretty happy with them, obviously I can't comment on the performance or durability but I have high hopes.

Edited by 2talltim