Cleveland IMS

Tonik

I think most are going to be there tomorrow. I'll be there today. I think the show start at 3 p.m. though, not noon.

According to this link its 3-8 today. http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/ohio

I'll be the asian fellow in a Triumph Factory button up walking around with another asian fellow.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Well, I decided to bail on the show - been a hell of a busy week and I have another thing Sunday I need to attend.  Need to sleep in and collect my scattered soul.  Enjoy all, and post impressions and anything cool you see there!

I just got back from the show.  Got to check out a few bikes that I would never get to see locally.  Got scanned for a custom Bell helmet with no obligation.   Tried on a couple of helmets that IP doesn't have in stock. Ducati won the contest for best booth babes.  I didn't have any issues with drunks but it was 3:30 when I left.   I don't know if I'll make this a yearly pilgrimage but I'm happy that I went.  I took some pictures with my crappy cell phone camera that I will post up later if they came out OK.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't too impressed this year. Same amount of content, but they condensed the area down. Was tough trying to walk down some of the isles with people stopping to look at snake oil products. Yamaha had some nice 'talent' there. 

Am I the only one that rode there? I bundled up and ended up not needing to, was an enjoyable ride. A bit of salt to wipe off though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

I just got back from the show.  Got to check out a few bikes that I would never get to see locally.  Got scanned for a custom Bell helmet with no obligation.   

I did this a couple of years ago in Indy. $900 for the helmet. I have not bought one.

1 hour ago, snot said:

I did this a couple of years ago in Indy. $900 for the helmet. I have not bought one.

I'm hoping that a Signet Q will do the trick but IP doesn't have one my my size.  I tried one on today but wasn't able to wear it for very long.   $900 is steep but if that is what it takes to be comfortable for more than 45 minutes then I'll suck it up.

Triumph didn't even have a booth this year. Much disappoint. KTM yet again didnt bring an RC8. I got to sit on 98% of the bikes I've been reading about though. So it was worth the $15. Also I got called out when I decided to run the virtual reality race course while on the GS in the BMW booth. The rep said it was a travesty lol. I said I'd take a GS on a track why not lol.

12 hours ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I was there Saturday from about 10-1230, my bike was in the lot.  I wasn't real impressed with the content this year, but at least I got a good ride in. 

That must have been your bike I saw.  I also was not impressed.  Probably my one and only visit to it unless something drastic changes. 

I have always been a defender of this show, even in recent years as lots of others started saying it sucked.  I was also less than impressed. I wouldn't say it sucked, but there just wasn't enough content there.  I will say though that I went there with nothing on my list to look at where as in years past I always had a 'shopping' list. A new bike, or helmet or gear or gizmo....something to give me purpose.