Title/Registration/Plates

JackImpact

So I am a bit confused about my new bike (financed). I have my temp tags which are good till the 4th. The bank tells me that the dealer is supposed to send me a memorandum of title to then go to the DMV/BMV and get my license plates. I bought my bike Dec 21st of 2015, why have I not gotten that yet? 

Also, how expensive are motorcycles plates? What about vanity plates? Could not seem to find that info online. 

Your memorandum title should be in your loan packet with all the paperwork.  At least mine have always been included.  Check to be sure, and if its not there then call the dealership

EDIT - this is false info.  Financing a bike = you'll be mailed a memorandum title

Edited by Hellmutt
Because I'm a fucking idiot that apparently cannot comprehend the English language

Odd.  Mine have always been included the day of sale.  Even if there's a lapse between the temp expiration and new registration, that's no biggie - I believe the DMV will just prorate your new tag for the remainder

EDIT - this is false info.  The only time my title's have been included on the day of sale is when I've purchased privately without financing.

Edited by Hellmutt
Because I'm a fucking idiot that apparently cannot comprehend the English language

I apologize for the huge mistake on my part.  My wife has graciously corrected me that the title's have been mailed out after the purchase ON BIKE'S I FINANCED, it's the bikes I've bought privately that were signed over same day.  Sorry Jack, had a bad case of HeadUpAssitis I guess :nono:

I dont know the details but you can get the temps extended an extra 15 days. Ask the BMV. If you dont get the title the State Attorney Generals office will drop a big hammer on the dealer for you for free.

Edited by Tonik
Casper broke it.