GoPro Review?

JackImpact

28 minutes ago, Tonik said:

OHHHHHHH you ALMOST got me to click on that at work. Thank god I'm an IT guy and read through that URL. I literally had clicked once and drug my mouse away so it didnt open. HAHAHA!

Also joke is on you, Thanks for reminding me to buy more, I'm running out.

Edited by TimTheAzn

If you are using for action shots (i.e. motorsports) I suggest you get one that at least does 60FPS in 1080. Forget about 4k...it takes a lot of horsepower to render, eats up SD card capacity and most don't have a 4K display to show it on anyway.

Helmet mount is the best...either on top or side (but far enough forward to not get the helmet in the frame). I say this is the best because it tracks where you look so if something happens (i.e. the idiot in front of you racks himself on the guardrail) you most likely capture everything. Plus you can record more of the scenery (if you want).

I've been using them for several years and have the second generation model and the Hero Black 3+ and have used them on the bikes as well as scuba diving. There are a lot more cameras coming out now so options are really starting to open up.

42 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nice! Bookmarked. However, I only have 1 power source on my motorcycle right now and I always keep my phone plugged in because my iphone is has an effing terrible battery life. (It runs my music and GPS) This will probably end up changing sometime this season because its good to have more than one thing plugged in at once.

I loved my steering stem outlet on the VFR. Came in handy and always wanted to run a multiple port one in to my tank bag but never really needed it

22 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Also joke is on you, Thanks for reminding me to buy more, I'm running out.

Ahhh, another satisfied customer.  That stuff is awesome.

I was fair with the link, anyone that clicks without looking gets what they deserve.  I could have done it this way:

This link is safe, there are no penis's invloved.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Ahhh, another satisfied customer.  That stuff is awesome.

I was fair with the link, anyone that clicks without looking gets what they deserve.  I could have done it this way:

This link is safe, there are no penis's invloved.

Hmm, seems safe. I'm totally going to click that link now!

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

If you are using for action shots (i.e. motorsports) I suggest you get one that at least does 60FPS in 1080. Forget about 4k...it takes a lot of horsepower to render, eats up SD card capacity and most don't have a 4K display to show it on anyway.

Helmet mount is the best...either on top or side (but far enough forward to not get the helmet in the frame). I say this is the best because it tracks where you look so if something happens (i.e. the idiot in front of you racks himself on the guardrail) you most likely capture everything. Plus you can record more of the scenery (if you want).

I've been using them for several years and have the second generation model and the Hero Black 3+ and have used them on the bikes as well as scuba diving. There are a lot more cameras coming out now so options are really starting to open up.

I actually am with you on that. I simply want 1080p 60FPS minimum with microphone input. 

• 1 month later...

I use the Hero3+ Black with a chest mount for most offroad video and have a Hero 3 White and Hero 3 black for other mounts.  I used them with the ram mount on the crash bar and head mount for riding horses.  I also bought one of the gun mounts, which requires two cameras.  It's pretty cool, the kids love to see their expression and result in the same setup.