March Moto Madness Tennessee 3/31-4/3 2016

rollnhot

I am planing on attending with my V-Storm 1000. Since it is normally cold and wet in tellico, TN. I will most likely trailer down with plenty of gear and dry stuff and a bad ass propane heater. Must be home by the 4th.

http://marchmotomadness.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXW0IHMqko

35 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I am planing on attending with my V-Storm 1000. Since it is normally cold and wet in tellico, TN. I will most likely trailer down with plenty of gear and dry stuff and a bad ass propane heater. Must be home by the 4th.

http://marchmotomadness.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXW0IHMqko

We'll do the Cherokee Challenge, its a safer bet,those single tracks are too muddy and jacked up that time of year. Assuming your camping ? Some of us are, some not. I'll try and get my usual spot on the left just past the creek crossing.

• 3 weeks later...

I registered yesterday and will be tent camping.Driving down on the 3rd with bike in the back of Honda Ridgeline. I will look for you next to the creek crossing.I hope things dry out this year.
Brian

23a99839-2f1a-401d-9568-348331b0c1bc.jpg

Edited by B-Mac

B-Mac, I just picked up a used Ridgeine ( Like it so far ! ). Do you use a chock when hauling the V-Strom? I've hauled my KTM 640, didn't use a chock. I haven't hauled my 800XC yet...  MMM looks like a blast, hope to make it there sometime, have fun!

9 hours ago, flick311 said:

B-Mac, I just picked up a used Ridgeine ( Like it so far ! ). Do you use a chock when hauling the V-Strom? I've hauled my KTM 640, didn't use a chock. I haven't hauled my 800XC yet...  MMM looks like a blast, hope to make it there sometime, have fun!

Sorry to HI-jack the thread. I have done extensive moto hauling with my ridgeline =) Never used a chock. The inset in the bed works great. 

A2B610D5-F6AE-4C96-A7E6-51CEA235B484-215

1 hour ago, oldschoolsdime92 said:

Sorry to HI-jack the thread. I have done extensive moto hauling with my ridgeline =) Never used a chock. The inset in the bed works great. 

BTW, I he'd a blast on my SV's when I had them ( 1st and 2nd gen )!

1 hour ago, oldschoolsdime92 said:

BTW, I had a blast on my SV's when I had them ( 1st and 2nd gen )!

I loaded my ridgeline down with the SV, cooler, extra fuel, stands, all the goods to do a track day. It was glorious not dealing with pulling a trailer. Went to mid ohio, ran my track day, loaded back up and came home. The truck is perfect for what I do with it. These days, it just hauls bicycles, but thats OK.

On 3/5/2016 at 5:36 AM, B-Mac said:

I registered yesterday and will be tent camping.Driving down on the 3rd with bike in the back of Honda Ridgeline. I will look for you next to the creek crossing.I hope things dry out this year.
Brian

23a99839-2f1a-401d-9568-348331b0c1bc.jpg

Driving down on the 3rd? That's the last day. We are leaving 3/31 AM.

7 minutes ago, rollnhot said:

Driving down on the 3rd? That's the last day. We are leaving 3/31 AM.

Yea, I fat fingered my *%$#@$ tablet, 3/31 AM take off. I think you said you are riding (bikes?)down. What route are you taking? I normally Slab 64-77-81wytheville then 81-40/75 and 411 in. But I may go the google route 75S all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

One week away to MMM. Registered for the Cherokee Challenge on Friday and will try to do Tellico Trail 82 on Saturday if it is dry conditions. Got some Mitas E10's mounted and raised the front fender 1" for mud and guts. See You.

V-Strom.Mitas%20E10.%20Tires%20005.jpg

V-Strom.Mitas%20E10.%20Tires%20004.jpg

Edited by Tonik
Fixed broke images.

• 2 weeks later...

Report: Great Time in Tellico Plains, TN. and the riding area is some of the best around. Short photo clip of some of the area. I did go for a swim during a water crossing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

@B-Mac would you happen to be the gentleman we met this year at MMM? You could occasionally be found a couple of campsites over, stirring a crockpot and telling jokes with an awesome group of guys at a pop up trailer with small bikes. 

11 hours ago, Jhickman said:

@B-Mac would you happen to be the gentleman we met this year at MMM? You could occasionally be found a couple of campsites over, stirring a crockpot and telling jokes with an awesome group of guys at a pop up trailer with small bikes. 

Jason, I don't think so. I was camped just inside the camp area to the right across from the entrance check point by the creek. Each night we had a small group gathered around the VW Westfalla you see in the opening photo in the video a few post back.with a small fire.We were laughing and joking around constantly. What a great time with a great group of mixed riders.

B.