Traded in 2016 Aprilia....

330racing

You gonna make us guess or what?  I've been tempted by what Europe has offered up as of late but have held off due to concerns about things like what you just went through.

Edited by jschaf

Congrats on the Kawi.  And albeit dripping with sex appeal, the Ape doesn't serve you ( especially in correlation to it's pricetag ) if it's problematic and parked.  Issues like that are exactly what steered me from new BMWs and Ducs - down to it, I need a bike that will put out....every time the urge strikes.  Post up pics of the new Ninja.  See you at the Epic ride

• Upvote 1

Problems...where do I start....

Day 1 of ownership the digital dash went out after 1 hour of riding.  After 3 tries the dash was finally swapped out.  As soon as dash was fixed I noticed a bad sputter at 8k.  After several trips to the dealer, and them telling me it didn't exist, they heard the stutter on the dyno.  Aprilia sent a new map.  The front brake was spongy but according to Aprilia, it was due to my aftermarket brake lever?  Swapped levers back but they never got around to fixing and nearly cost me an accident.  There is still a dead spot at 12k rpm that hasn't been addressed.  The bike randomly resets all the traction control settings.  It ticks horribly on cold startup.  The list goes on.  Aprilia the company is the WORST I've dealt with.  When I finally got a rep to talk to me he told me flat out not to expect a reliable bike..EVER.  That was the last straw.

1 hour ago, 330racing said:

Problems...where do I start....

Day 1 of ownership the digital dash went out after 1 hour of riding.  After 3 tries the dash was finally swapped out.  As soon as dash was fixed I noticed a bad sputter at 8k.  After several trips to the dealer, and them telling me it didn't exist, they heard the stutter on the dyno.  Aprilia sent a new map.  The front brake was spongy but according to Aprilia, it was due to my aftermarket brake lever?  Swapped levers back but they never got around to fixing and nearly cost me an accident.  There is still a dead spot at 12k rpm that hasn't been addressed.  The bike randomly resets all the traction control settings.  It ticks horribly on cold startup.  The list goes on.  Aprilia the company is the WORST I've dealt with.  When I finally got a rep to talk to me he told me flat out not to expect a reliable bike..EVER.  That was the last straw.

Did you trade it or lemon law it?

I used the lemon law on my Buell 1125.  It had a design flaw in the charging system.  It really liked the bike but couldn't trust it.

Manufacturer said no to lemon law.  State attorney contacted manufacturer, who basically said they would keep trying to fix it if i remived the "mods" i made?  State atty said I had a case but they didn't have time to pursue and to contact an attorney, who said I didn't have enough problems documented.  

23 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Cause Kawasaki is way different than Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki. :p

I got my asshole ripped apart by saying a cbr600, zx6, r6 and gsxr6 as well as their liter counterparts are all the same and to just pick the one in the color you like the most.