Wobbler Alert!!! Heading to the NC/Deals Gap area on May 21st?

Bubba

With sincere apologies to those who adeptly ride H-Ds or cruisers...yes, I realize this is stereotyping, but there is a certain contingent of riders who perpetuate this image.  Mea culpa....

Just saw this on ADVR.  Has all the makings for a catastrophe of epic proportions.  I'm guessing they'll also set the record for the most number of wrecks and Medivac flights on the same day!!!  My advice?  Get there early and bring a lawn chair.  Make sure you're sitting on the inside of the curve...

Saturday, May 21st , 2016
A WORLD RECORD attempt of the LARGEST GROUP of Harley-Davidson motorcycles on The DRAGON, 318 CURVES in 11 MILES
The group will leave the Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson Outpost location, US 129 Dragon, and ride to Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort

$10.00 Per Bike
Registration at 11AM
Run leaves at 2PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/180519568974013/

FYI.  Current record is 2404.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Connie14 said:

The good news is that all of the other great riding roads in the area will be free from HDs on that afternoon, so it is a win-win.

until all the rumbling and shaking causes the loose rock in the surrounding area to break away and cover the roads. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jschaf said:

That would really suck to show up unaware expecting to do some riding.  Clogging up the works as usual only worse.

I get it. It would be a cool thing to do for the Harley riders who love their parades. But for the rest of us you have ruined a day at the Dragon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, what said:

until all the rumbling and shaking causes the loose rock in the surrounding area to break away and cover the roads.

Ah, I keep forgetting that Harley owners are required to rev the bikes every time the clutch is pulled.   So the $10 per bike must include landslide repairs AND oil cleanup....now the price is making more sense

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Idiot said:

So... sometimes you sound better than your motorcycle does?  ;-)

Nope. The 1000rr with the full yoshimura system always sounds better. The Kaw is stealthy quiet. A guy I work with has shorty straight pipes on his fat boy & man that Thing is agriculturally obnoxious. Please tell me you don't have straight pipes on your road king.

1 hour ago, Idiot said:

Nope, mine's bone stock...  probably the quietest Harley in Ohio.  Not real fond of straight pipes myself, but I do prefer the throaty sound of a good HD to the higher pitch of most sport bikes.  

Differences make the world fun!

Nothing sounds better than a triple. :) 

• Upvote 1