New Guy in Cinci

Gunner

Some riders call me Gunner others, Papa Smurf, take your pick.

I am the man from Do-diddly-wa-doo, which reportedly is somewhere in the Western Hemisphere. My world traveling is due to Uncle Sam.

When I moved to Cincinnati I was is in a riding club called Free Riders. What ever happened to the Free Riders Club I wonder? I was member number 23, I think. Anyway I moved to Louisville and lost track of everyone. But I'm back. I’m sort of looking for some of the folks I use to know and maybe some folks to do some occasional riding with.

I live in Landen, which is a northwest suburb of Cincinnati. I ride an NC700X. I’ve always been into classic motorcycles my last bike was a 1980 GS1100E. My next adventure is going to the Vintage Motorcycle Days in Lexington, OH July 9th.

Hey Chuck, it's "Dice" here, one of the original "Free Riders" also, your "Ride Captain" extroidanaire! Small world out there! Glad you're back in the area again!
I'm living in Union, Ky next to Florence now, down where we have 300 mile routes of some of the best roads northern Kentucky has to offer. Was just up the road from you a couple of months ago in Morrow, Oh buying a 2006 Burgman 650 Executive Maxi Scooter that I hope to put some miles on this year. Don't see many of the old club members anymore, unless I run into them down at Rabbit Hash on a weekend. Groups are having multiple benefit rides to help rebuild the burned down General Store this month (1st was yesterday), so it's been so crowded I've been riding away from that area lately. Another big ride again next Sat. If you'd like to get together sometime, I'm retired, and mostly free to ride whenever, so let me know. We ride a lot on Thursdays (this week's weather looks great for that), where we ride the back roads, get some lunch, and enjoy the less crowded routes. We also do yearly trips that include the best roads from here to W Va, Va, Tn, NC, Ga, where we have lots of great routes we ride daily once we get down there. Sat & Sun works too, if that's your only free riding days, but I sometimes have family commitments (happens with 10 grand kids lol!) on weekends at times. Would be great to hook up and reminisce about the club days with you, so give me a shout. Send me a private message with your phone number & I'll give you a call.

1 hour ago, DICE32 said:

Hey Chuck, it's "Dice" here, one of the original "Free Riders" also, your "Ride Captain" extroidanaire! Small world out there! Glad you're back in the area again!

Hi Dice! good to hear from you. I'll PM you soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...