Opinions on this Crash?

DerekClouser

What do you think caused this??? Below is the crash video.  The second video in the post is a livestream the dude who crashed participated in and he explains what happened.  Do you believe him or not??   

WATCH ABOVE BEFORE WATCHING THE SECOND VIDEO

Looked at some of the first video--the important parts--and just a bit of the second, mostly because I was tired of the whiney fucking "Californication" of the participants.  My take...

Moto-Dude, whose riding skillz leave a universe of possibilities for improvement, was a) going too way too fast for his skill set (I'm thinking 35 would be pushing it for him), b) doing everything on his bike BUT paying attention to his riding and the environment around him, and c) target fixated on "OHFUCKTHATREALLYBIGTRUCK" in what was an almost non-existent sweeping corner.  As for the excuse of the wind blowing him into the opposite lane, there is a fairly high embankment on his right--where the wind would have to be coming from to push him left--that would keep +90% of the wind, gusting or not, from acting on his bike.  Oh, let's not mention that the rider should be able to stay in his own lane in spite of any cross wind he might experience.

Bottom line, he sucks as a rider and should definitely stay off two wheels and stick to his motorized wheelchair if he desires to live a long and happy life.  Guess I'm glad he lived and hope he learned a few lessons along the way....just hope he stays west of the Mississippi.

I honestly don't believe it was the wind, hes just using that as an excuse.  I don't know the Arizona wind, but it just appears he is going wide early in the corner. There is a giant rock to his right and that's the direction the wind would have been coming from.  Not sure if it was a down draft, but to me a pure case of overriding and target fixation. 

Look, I have had wind move me a foot or two on the road, but not a whole lanes worth.  If he was truly committed to that turn he would have held his line no problem.  Entry was way off, he target fixated on the rocks which stood him up and moved him across the yellow.  IMO you could use the wind excuse if you were close to the yellow line already and a gust moved you a foot or two over.  Just glad dude is ok with minor injuries, that could have been it for him!

Edited by Wolfman1

40 minutes ago, Idiot said:

good point what...  he was headed off lane before he even saw the truck.  He was probably thinking about his monolog

Or he was thinking"I wonder if I could reach out and touch a moving truck at 60mph and get it on video?!"

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Are asshats not looking at the clouds at 950? Right hand side. That is the story here. 911!!!!

I bet G.W.B. was driving the truck, and it was loaded with thermite.

Is this a trick question? It's obvious that a big fukn' truck was in his way. If I was an idiot I sure wouldn't post up vids of my idiocity.  (Well, maybe I would, being an idiot.) Furthermore, the wind doesn't blow bikes around much. It blows riders around. If those riders happen to be tight on the bars they make unwanted steering inputs & they might run into trucks. I think it was just a simple case of target fixation though. Hate to see what this guy would do on a West Virginia road.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, what said:

I bet G.W.B. was driving the truck, and it was loaded with thermite.

Not 9/11. 9 1 1  The dude was laying there on his back for a long time looking up, and God said 'He must be an idiot, he just drove right into the side of that truck for no fucking reason. He needs a hint on what to do next.'

Which is of course call 911.

• Upvote 2

One of the most important lessons that I have given my daughters is that they need to accept and understand their riding mistakes, so they can become better riders.  This guy was obviously never given this advice.

Edited by Connie14

It almost seemed like he forgot how to counter-steer in addition to getting the bike to the right too early. I wonder if the turn would have been fine had the truck not been there to fixate on? 

He was so annoying I LOL'd when he crashed.  Wind MAY have contributed a TINY bit, but it was 100% target fixation.  Such a mild corner should have been easy to fix, even at the last split second.

Lesson learned for him:  He should spend less time on YouTube/yapping and more time reading up/learning riding skills.

Lesson learned for me:  There are more and more of these idiots on the road every day.

He was not set up to enter that turn at that speed and still maintain his lane.

He braked in the turn, standing the bike upright, then panic breaked even

more to avoid the truck which stood the bike up even more.

He should have dived into the turn at the first hint of an issue and poured

the juice to it.

No wind behind those rocks, so he's full of shit.

I gave the 2nd video a generous 3 minutes of my life and got nothing for it.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Edited by JackFlash

I really like the wind excuse even though there are no leaves moving on any of the bushes I did not notice any other problems except for him not paying any attention to what he was doing. Glad he was not hurt worse.