New Project: 07 600rr

wolfman

Here's a new project I picked up on Wednesday:

2007 Honda CBR600rr, salvage title with about 2,800 miles (don't know exact amount since original gauge was busted)

2270618950060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

Another shot:

2604812200060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

DAMAGE PICS:

Scratched case cover

2424184040060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

Crushed coolant line

2151337730060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

And shitty repair job where rearset broke off...:wtf:

2774071280060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

I've already ordered most the parts including: Gilles VCR rearsets, Bridgestones, E-racing fairings, windscreen, left headlight, upper fairing stay, ram air tube, and a new radiator hose

I still need to get new rotors (these are warped), mirrors, and turn signals.

Looks like fun, enjoy the rebuild.

Thanks man, how are you liking the RR? I was kicking myself in the ass for selling it the next week because I totaled my car and didn't have any transportation... :eek:

just curious how much does a salvage 07rr cost?

It depends on the amount of damage. I've seen them any where from about $3k to $5k. Generally the lower end needs things like forks and wheels to be ridable while the upper end needs fairings/gauges....mostly cosmetic stuff. I paid $4k for this one which isn't really a steal for this time of year but I think I got a pretty decent deal.

Thanks man, how are you liking the RR? I was kicking myself in the ass for selling it the next week because I totaled my car and didn't have any transportation... :eek:

Damn, that sucks about your Fit, that was a cool car. I love riding the RR, it is a blast.

-Chad-

Alright, I just heard that the UPS man dropped off a bunch of parts at my parents house. I think I got the track fairings, tires, and ram air/upper fairing stay....so I think I'm going to start mounting that stuff tonight.

good looking bike.. good luck with the build. looks like it will be a blast!

Thanks man, I got the wheels off the bike and the tires just came in today. I'm going to PM Yota and see when I can get them mounted. I'll let you know what he says.

track plastics = no street riding? or are you going to fab something with a headlight?

I've got a single headlight right now (left side I think) that I'm gonna use...hopefully I don't screw up cutting the hole in the upper..:eek:

Parts!

2307293410060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

I've got the tank cover mounted and started to fit the upper fairing before calling it quits for the night...

2201387400060779869S500x500Q85.jpg2397128390060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

2125463480060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

The GSXR integrated mirrors are going to be bitch to fit so I'm going to start with those first thing in the morning. Then I'll probably try to fit the headlight/cut the hole and finish up mounting the rest of the fairings. :guitar:

You can get track plastics that have the headlight hole cut. They're made for enduro racers who need a light.

I've seen those but I think they are out of my budget:broke:...I'm just using the cheap E-Racings fairings on this bike.

MORE TO COME TOMORROW...

bike is looking hawwwt!! I love the looks of those track plastics! what kind of paint shceme you throwing on it?

Thanks man! I'm going to paint it red most likely.

agreed..but now he is going to have to worry about it not wanting to start :lol:

Haha...that was great!

looking good! should have the rear subframe PC or something before you get it all together, really cleans up the bike!

Yeah, the case covers need PC too but I think I'm gonna wait until winter to do all that. I'll probably just hit them with a little spray paint for now.