Yamaha Cornhole Boards

Wolfman1

6 hours ago, Bad324 said:

Looks awesome! My wife bought me Browns ones a few years back for Christmas. But somehow when we play nobody ever wins :lol:

Thanks! That's funny, when I play at the family gatherings the game is over in a couple turns because everyone is so good at it.  Started to get annoying, so I finally decided it was time to get my own set to practice on.  Originally I was just going to buy a set on craigslist, but I haven't seen anything related to motorcycles besides a HD set here and there.  That's when I decided to make my own design using the colors of my bike.  I almost went with a Yamaha 50th anniversary theme using white, black, and yellow, but the checkered design would have been a little difficult to lay out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nice! Make me some Triumph ones! hahaha

He can make them so every fifth game they have to be returned and repaired, of course the parts will need to be ordered and take 4-6 weeks.

Edited by whaler
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, whaler said:

He can make them so every fifth game they have to be returned and repaired, of course the parts will need to be ordered and take 4-6 weeks.

Too triumph like. Stickers would be just fine. :lol:

Those are the coolest boards I've seen yet.   Thought about making my OSU boards into KTM/Kawasaki/Triumph race boards myself, just haven't done anything yet.   Like yours a lot though.  What did the decals cost you?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Those are the coolest boards I've seen yet.   Thought about making my OSU boards into KTM/Kawasaki/Triumph race boards myself, just haven't done anything yet.   Like yours a lot though.  What did the decals cost you?

Kind of a package deal with a guy who lives near me.  He gets the boards from an Amish guy and then has a friend who is a graphics designer make the decals.  He let me directly work with his graphics guy on my design and when they were printed he mounted them on my boards for me.  I did all the finish work from there.  All together with his costs and me doing the paint, poly, and hardware it was less than $200.

How does that vinyl work on the top with playability (i.e. coefficient of drag on the beanbag). I've seen some where the damn bags slide off so easy, you really need to rainbow them so they drop more or less straight down on the board.

I don't own a set myself but a lot of my friends have them so I play a fair amount at parties and stuff but I'm still only average because every board set is different and I can't hone a technique or I would be a much better player. I pitched softball for a lot of years so I generally have pretty good accuracy.

9 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

How does that vinyl work on the top with playability (i.e. coefficient of drag on the beanbag). I've seen some where the damn bags slide off so easy, you really need to rainbow them so they drop more or less straight down on the board.

I don't own a set myself but a lot of my friends have them so I play a fair amount at parties and stuff but I'm still only average because every board set is different and I can't hone a technique or I would be a much better player. I pitched softball for a lot of years so I generally have pretty good accuracy.

I was told the good boards are the slippery ones.  I sanded the poly down to get it smooth, so it will take some skill to drop them in.  My dad's boards have a rougher surface and you constantly get a corn bag pileup at the hole.  We will see how they play this weekend.

image.jpeg

Now I am official, I found a guy close to my work that builds custom tournament Cornhole scoreboards.  He built this for me for only $23.  The base is filled with sand, so it won't blow over and I now have a place for my drink!

• Upvote 1