MidOhio track day 7/4/16

street pilot

Just now, DerekClouser said:

I would seriously consider it if I hadn't just got a new bike.  I should learn the bike before taking it to the track lol

Pfft, perfect way to learn a new bike! Low pressure, not much traffic! 

1 minute ago, 0hi0 said:

Pfft, perfect way to learn a new bike! Low pressure, not much traffic! 

I can agree with that, but I'm not made of money and I can ride the streets for just gas money.  the track would cost me a bit more :)

16 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I can agree with that, but I'm not made of money and I can ride the streets for just gas money.  the track would cost me a bit more :)

Very true, our addiction costs in more ways than just gas unfortunately. It's going to be over two bills for Monday.

BTW, hoping to pit with someone that has a garage. Any forum members going to be there? 

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

I would seriously consider it if I hadn't just got a new bike.  I should learn the bike before taking it to the track lol

Do it, I would ride down to watch you D!

Currently Weather.com for Lexington, OH on July 4th:

A steady rain early. Showers with perhaps a rumble of thunder developing in the afternoon. High 74F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Locally heavy rainfall possible.

Accuweather only gives it a 60% chance.

I'm afraid I'll be bowing out for Monday :( You guys that do decide to go, hope you get the other side of that 80% and have fun on a dry track!

Edited by Trackbikez

On 7/1/2016 at 6:31 PM, Wolfman1 said:

Do it, I would ride down to watch you D!

Weather makes this an easy call for me... I was really consider signing up, but with the weather forecast, I'm going to pass this time. 

Well if everyone stays home and I get a free and open track to 1p, money well spent! 

Posted in another thread, but I'm in need to borrow a back protector. I'd rather not spend the money on a new one.  Left mine in Texas. PM me

Heed the warnings in riders meeting on track condition if it rains since you've not rode there before, Mid O is slicker than shit when wet. Few if any will ride. Matt is one of the few coaches that will go out when wet. He'll gladly tow you. I don't go out when wet.

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

Heed the warnings in riders meeting on track condition if it rains since you've not rode there before, Mid O is slicker than shit when wet. Few if any will ride. Matt is one of the few coaches that will go out when wet. He'll gladly tow you. I don't go out when wet.

Thanks, Jacob gave me a heads up. Perhaps they will cancel and give credits for another day if it's that dangerous. 

1 minute ago, 0hi0 said:

Thanks, Jacob gave me a heads up. Perhaps they will cancel and give credits for another day if it's that dangerous. 

I don't think there's any refunds :/

On 7/1/2016 at 9:53 AM, 0hi0 said:

Signed up and ready to go! They put me as a novice since I haven't rode the track before...

Ran myself ragged to get everything in order.  I'll be there too.  Red 600RR, on an orange trailer, behind a Nissan Frontier.

17 minutes ago, street pilot said:

Ran myself ragged to get everything in order.  I'll be there too.  Red 600RR, on an orange trailer, behind a Nissan Frontier.

Grey Expedition, Grey RSV

You have a pop up? If not half on a garage? 

Well, if your going to be away from your family on a holiday, that IS the way to do. The rain gods blessed us with over cast sky's and a dry track till about 3:34p. 

That was THE emptiest track day I've ever done. Being at Mid-Ohio was just cherry! Big thanks to instructor Rick. Sorry about the first session talking to you received. When you wave me by, I'm grabbing some throttle. After the verbal spanking, Rick proved to be very knowledgable and had the most excellent personality to be a coach! 

Of course track days aren't worth it unless you meet some awesome people. Ohio Riders were well represented, however I'm terrible with names. Very nice catching up with Mark Junge, oh the memories. Such a class act and a ambassador to the sport.   

Have to say it was a bitter pride pill in the Novice class. When I finally got to Intermediate the big drops of rain started. Two and a half laps in and people started to drop like flies. Seeing THE most expensive bike on the track go down made me think about going out again so I just packed everything up.   

Good times, those who were scared about the forecast missed out!