Saturday - July 9th 2016 - NEO to SEO

DerekClouser

1 hour ago, o-no-moto said:

I would like to join. I rode 550 a couple weeks ago and would of liked to hit a few others.  About what time will you be on 78 or even 550. Its about a 1 1/2 slab ride for me plus i will have a couple of newbies in tow so i hope i pace isnt to fast for them but fast enough to enjoy on the sport bike

We'd probably reach 78 about 10:15-10:30.   Probably reach 550 closer to 11:30-12:00.   Hard to say exact times that far down because of stretch breaks.   @whaler might be able to be a bit better person to ask on when we'd get to each location.

EDIT: I also would like to eat lunch in Marietta 

As far as pace, I usually don't hear any complaints about going to slow, I'm on a new bike so I'm not sure how I'll feel comfort wise, so a slower than my normal pace might be a possibility. If my pace is too slow, I have no problem if someone who wants to go faster makes a safe pass and takes the lead.  If the pace is too brisk, just have everyone ride their own ride.  I have no issues waiting up.  I'd easily wait a few minutes at turns/stop signs rather than waiting on rescue.

Plus, if I get too far ahead, I like to hop off the bike, pull out the Nikon and shoot photos of the guys coming through corners.  

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 2

If we are on the road at 8:30 then we will be in New Concord by 9:30 at our normal pace.  10:45 at 377 and 11:30 at 550.  550 to Marietta will be under an hour.  All times are +/- 15 minutes depending on pace and traffic.

1 minute ago, o-no-moto said:

You plan on being on 78 in McConnellsville around 1030?

Yea, that's probably a pretty close time.. +/- 15min or so due to pace/traffic.  If we know you are going to meet us, we can pick a spot and wait up.

https://goo.gl/maps/Hbckfept65y

This is the route... We will head down 83, take 78W through McConnelsville... Just outside of Mcconnelsville, we will take 377S down to 550E. We will take that down to 7 into Marietta.  We will eat lunch in Marietta,  Take 7 to 800N into Woodsfield.  26 to 260 back up to 78W to 83N.   

I am home.  Thanks you two for towing me around, that was a freaking blast.  Nothing like triple digits on 83 to get the blood flowing. Never felt out of control or like I was pushing it.  One of my best rides in a long time.

• Upvote 3