FS: 2011 Z1000 $3500 obo

dpgasser

I've chased and been chased by that Z for many of those 21k miles.

An easy way to pick it up is to get a one way rental car (Avis) and ride it home.  I've bought many bikes that way.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I've chased and been chased by that Z for many of those 21k miles.

An easy way to pick it up is to get a one way rental car (Avis) and ride it home.  I've bought many bikes that way.

Sorry for thread jack: T, do you just slap plates from ur current ride on it and gamble or u get temp tags etc before ride home. How about out of state buys? 

okay back on topic,  if some one doesn't pick this up in the next few days I will lol :D that should motivate some buyers. Nobody wants a motorcycle adhd guy with a pea brain and massive ocd eyeing their future bike. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

23 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Use your own plates, your insurance should cover you no matter what but you can call them and give them the vin if your are ocd. Jist be cool on the way home.

Don't you have 30 days to transfer the plates and insure it (providing you already have insurance)? I've always heard that, never verified it though. 

I got pulled over the day I bought my first Camaro for no front plate and it had my other cars plate on the back. Because I was able to show him the signed over title dated for that day he said it was no problem. I asked him if doing that was better than not having a plate at all and he basically said not having a plate at all will assuredly get you pulled over. Using another cars plates is frowned upon but because I had the title with me he said you'll get let go 9/10 times 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bubba said:

DPG:  Sent you a PM.  Got a buyer in Cinti with cash!  Hit her up.

Thank you for the effort, I do have an interested party from this forum that may come see it on Monday - if this does not translate to a sale, I will contact her.

• Upvote 2

I am so bummed about this. I know I am going to get reemed and accused of being @Bad324 but I honestly was going to grab this Saturday morning.  Had my kid lined up to drive me down so I could offer driving the TESLA as leverage to get the bags.  Wife had pulled the cash out of the bank for me.  But I got home from work Friday night to find we have basement water issue.  Doesn't look too bad, couple of grand tops. But until I know for sure I just can't do it.

Edited by Tonik
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am so bummed about this. I know I am going to get reemed and accused of being @Bad324 but I honestly was going to grab this Saturday morning.  Had my kid lined up to drive me down so I could offer driving the TESLA as leverage to get the bags.  Wife had pulled the cash out of the bank for me.  But I got home from work Friday night to find we have basement water issue.  Doesn't look too bad, couple of grand tops. But until I know for sure I just can't do it.

I blame the cat.

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

soooo...your weekend went about like mine. Bummer dude.

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

soooo...your weekend went about like mine. Bummer dude.

Yea.  Ripped out a whole wall to get to it to see wtf was up.  It's just minor moisture...not a 'leak'. Just years of dampness destroyed the drywall.  But going to get that whole wall dug and sealed from the outside just to be sure.  Should only be a few grand. Next weekend I get to rebuild the wall. I f'ing hate drywall, more than I hate @Casper if you can imagine that.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I know I am going to get reemed and accused of being @Bad324 

I've never truly had the intention of buying something and not following through. Try again

Edited by Bad324

Don't put a plate on a vehicle it's not registered to.   That's illegal.  Get a temp tag when you transfer the title, just like you would if it were a car.

"A cop told me ___________" isn't a valid legal defense.  I'm not saying that the cop is incorrect.  You may not be likely to get cited, but if they feel like citing you, impounding the bike, etc., you don't have a leg to stand on.  

With all that said, renting a pickup or a trailer from uHaul is cheap by comparison.  I'm also happy to help people move a bike a reasonable distance for the cost of my gas.

I feel the pain with the water issues. We had the sewers back up three weeks ago due to a storm and it put about two feet in our basement. Had to throw a lot out. Thankfully the city took some responsibility this time and paid to have it professionally cleaned. Might need to get the washer and dryer replaced, and still waiting for the furnace to get checked out.   Then we got another 6 inches last week. The rain has been relentless. Hopefully it's over.

The bike is great. Even my wife likes it. Her quote "I can't even be mad, it's too nice." And her eyes lit up when I revved the motor! Thanks again!

You may see this thing again, I'm anxious to get out on some of the great roads you've got out there!

• Upvote 1