Ride/trail Video report WNF

B-Mac

Wayne trail is getting worn as the end of the season approaches. Monday was a great day to be hustling a 500lb beast thru the woods with 77deg temps and no traffic. Lots of stone and 1" gravel mixed in with deep two track ruts. some areas had water and mud to keep thing interesting. It's all good training and fun.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm heading down there to ride 9/3 and 9/4. It's been over 20 years since I've been there trail riding.

Got a question, are there any single track trails? If so what staging area would get me to  tight stuff?  Was going to try the Hatfield and McCoy trails but what I saw online is a parade of UTV's. I've got a hall pass for Labor Day so need to go riding somewhere.

1 hour ago, 82packer said:

Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm heading down there to ride 9/3 and 9/4. It's been over 20 years since I've been there trail riding.

Got a question, are there any single track trails? If so what staging area would get me to  tight stuff?  Was going to try the Hatfield and McCoy trails but what I saw online is a parade of UTV's. I've got a hall pass for Labor Day so need to go riding somewhere.

Wayne NF:  http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5361258.pdf    Park at Monday Creek Trail Head and ride the Long Ridge Trail system for the single track. You will be done with Long Ridge Trail in 2.5-3.0 hrs. Then you can ride the main to Dorr run and hope you don't meet your end on one of the blind turns. . Be advised the rest of Wayne on weekends is a Quad/Side by side fest.

Not sure where you got your info on H&M trail system but there is so much two wheel riding and single track to ride for multiple day's of riding.

I would never pass up a Hatfield/McCoy trip for Wayne. There is absolute NO comparison. Ride Buffalo Mtn. down at Matewan has the singletrack to meet your needs plus Matewan is a cool town and everyone is friendly and helpful.

Here is some Adv Bike stuff from Matewan Stolen Pig Rally:http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/stolen-pig-rally-matewan-wv-apr-27-may-1-2016.1102774/

Good Luck, B.

3 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Not sure where you got your info on H&M trail system but there is so much two wheel riding and single track to ride for multiple day's of riding.

I would never pass up a Hatfield/McCoy trip for Wayne. There is absolute NO comparison. Ride Buffalo Mtn. down at Matewan has the singletrack to meet your needs plus Matewan is a cool town and everyone is friendly and helpful.

Hey thanks for the information. I was going on youtube videos that I found, but that's why I thought I'd ask. :)