Midohio September 6th

blue03636

Just now, NinjaDoc said:

I mean on the video posted by ryan, for eg: at 55 sec mark you guys are in a corner, in real street term roughly what would be posted speed limit for such a corner. Just trying to imagine are these super tight like deals gap corners or more relaxed radius like 83 south?

It definitely wasnt a switch back. I wouldnt call it a sweeper either. It's an off-camber left hander cresting a hill.

Maybe 25mph on the street? @RHillmay be able to better gauge that.

Nivin, what are you looking for?  Comparing street to track is two different animals entirely....if you put a dividing line and stay in your lane, 15-20 mph at best pushing it.  Our pace on that lap was probably upper 30's at the apex.  Here is an example of "all out" and I drop to 43mph at the apex.  Beat that lap by nearly 2 second the next day, but I doubt the apex speed changed more than a mph if any. 

33 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I mean on the video posted by ryan, for eg: at 55 sec mark you guys are in a corner, in real street term roughly what would be posted speed limit for such a corner. Just trying to imagine are these super tight like deals gap corners or more relaxed radius like 83 south?

That left is a Deals Gap corner, crossing the dividing line and then some.

ah nice, just trying to imagine how it would look like in real life street. And also thinking wthr working on tracks one day would compare to 1000 miles of street riding to improve. I definitely want to hit the track next year, mainly to work on my left handers.

7 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Done with the ortho.  No surgery! He said with where the brake is that it will heal stronger than before. Apparently I stuck at reading xrays and it's only broken at one end.

Apparently we all suck at reading xrays lol.

2 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Done with the ortho.  No surgery! He said with where the brake is that it will heal stronger than before. Apparently I stuck at reading xrays and it's only broken at one end.

great news :thumbsup:  . back to cycling this year end or have to wait till next?  figure 8 sling?  if you need second opinion you should go see @Tpoppa ortho guy with that Xray :D

Edited by NinjaDoc

2 hours ago, blue03636 said:

That's great to hear. Heal up quick. Any concussion symptoms? Looks like you took a good shot to the head.

3 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

That's great to hear. Heal up quick. Any concussion symptoms? Looks like you took a good shot to the head.

Just headache but that's going away. I'm sure I had a concussion. Ryan or Jeff may be able to fill in anything odd from after the crash.

Edited by blue03636
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RHill said:

Tons of bike video from Tuesday and Wednesday.....some off-bike of groups circulating from Monday as well (hopefully it turned out OK).  Will get a couple more clips uploaded tonight.

What group were you puttering around in on Wed? I'd like to see some footage of myself one of these days, get some of your guys opinions and see where i can pick up some time. I seem to be stuck in the high 40's. But i think it's just now down to needing more track time. 

Edited by ludwb675

1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

Just headache but that's going away. I'm sure I had a concussion. Ryan or Jeff may be able to fill in anything odd from after the crash.

Nothing odd by the time I got the med center...probably took 15-20 minutes to arrive, was busy showing everyone the crash video :p 

Really didn't head up right away because I was hoping you would show up with the bike...didn't break out the video till Junge asked about it.

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

What group were you puttering around in on Wed? I'd like to see some footage of myself one of these days, get some of your guys opinions and see where i can pick up some time. I seem to be stuck in the high 40's. But i think it's just now down to needing more track time. 

Was in A the whole day, was going to get a little video of intermediate during the 6th session, but it was red flagged after a lap.  Any chance you are planning on the twilight Sunday? Would love to lend a hand ;) 

14 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Now that things have calmed down and I'm getting back to normal, I would like to thank everyone that helped me pack up or made sure we had everything covered. Situations like this really make me happy that I have a track family. 

For real, Steve and crew(sorry, didn't catch the name) are the bomb for making the trip!  

Now for a few off-bike videos from monday....need to get something better than a gopro for these kind of shots.  Had some of intermediate as well, but it was far away, you couldn't even make out the riders.

Now that things have calmed down and I'm getting back to normal, I would like to thank everyone that helped me pack up or made sure we had everything covered. Situations like this really make me happy that I have a track family. 

Your welcome !

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk