Midohio September 6th

blue03636

On 9/9/2016 at 4:27 PM, RHill said:

Was in A the whole day, was going to get a little video of intermediate during the 6th session, but it was red flagged after a lap.  Any chance you are planning on the twilight Sunday? Would love to lend a hand ;) 

Nope. Was up at Put-In-Bay this weekend. Starting to get dark early for twilights anymore. My season might be done for the year. :(

2 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Nope. Was up at Put-In-Bay this weekend. Starting to get dark early for twilights anymore. My season might be done for the year. :(

Believe today closed up my Mid-O season, all that is left is a Twilight October 2nd and that conflicts with the Red Bull air races that I'm thinking of going to.  

Days may be getting shorter, but we ran 4 full sessions + one mixed intermediate advance session at the very end.  Track started slick and got better each session, turned my fastest laps as it was getting dark(tinted visor wasn't helping) even with shade completely covering the back straight, a good portion of the esses and 13.  Not sure if the lack of traction was from the rain or the car rubber, but I was getting pelted with rubber my first session out.  Never had chunks of it get in my helmet before.

24 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

@RHill that plane is amazing. 

Thanks! It's a fun little toy to break out when the track time ends.

20 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

When I watched the video of @TimTheAzn chasing @RHill, I was like "Tim is kind of hauling ass." Then Ryan passed Tim and I said, "Oh... poor Timmy!" :lol:

got to admit, that comment had me:lol:

Knew he was going to have trouble with the two upcoming riders.  Figured I'd jet out, pit and rejoin when they came back past....hoping he might have worked past one.  Rolled out when they came past and was confused when Tim wasn't part of the group.  He did the smart thing, rolled through the pit instead of forcing a pass.  His riding is pretty damn good, but that was even more impressive.  One rider by themselves is fairly predictable, two or more in a group at similar pace can be chaos.  

8 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

When I watched the video of @TimTheAzn chasing @RHill, I was like "Tim is kind of hauling ass." Then Ryan passed Tim and I said, "Oh... poor Timmy!" :lol:

Ryan was holding back the entire time. But that also shows me where I should be staying in it, or when I could be braking later etc. I'm still studying the video lol.