Eastern Ohio resurfacing update

EOdesmo

I ran into a gent at work this week who lives on SR145 just north of Lewisville. He informed me that it has been repaved from Lewisville (SR78) to Malaga ((SR800). He also thought that 556 and 536 were going to be repaved before winter.

A quick look at ODOT District 10 website seems to confirm this.  Looks like a repave is planned for 556, 536, most of 255 and 145(already done).   Link to ODOT map.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/2016construction/Documents/Monroe County Projects.pdf

Hope this gets done before the end of the riding season.  The drilling/fracking has cooled of for now so hopefully this lasts for a while.

• Upvote 2

On September 4, 2016 at 9:28 AM, EOdesmo said:

I ran into a gent at work this week who lives on SR145 just north of Lewisville. He informed me that it has been repaved from Lewisville (SR78) to Malaga ((SR800). He also thought that 556 and 536 were going to be repaved before winter.

A quick look at ODOT District 10 website seems to confirm this.  Looks like a repave is planned for 556, 536, most of 255 and 145(already done).   Link to ODOT map.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/2016construction/Documents/Monroe County Projects.pdf

Hope this gets done before the end of the riding season.  The drilling/fracking has cooled of for now so hopefully this lasts for a while.

Both 536 and 556 are currently being paved.I rode them both today after riding that newly paved section of 145.

536 is much farther along than 556, they started on the 78 end of 536 and there is new pavement to within about 2-3 miles of  7.I think it's just a base layer,but it 's awful nice to have 536 in rideable condition again...I've been avoiding it for about three years now.There are two places they are doing further repairs... near the brick church at the top of Hannibel hill and major slip repair near the barn  with the sharp corner  at one end.Both have traffic lights set up.

556 only has new pavement for about two miles out of Bealsville.There's also one spot on 556 that has further construction...about 5 miles West of Clarington they are "improving" the road,in other words taking some turns out of it.It's just a small section,I'm guessing a quarter of a mile.I also noticed three fracking rigs on 556,that can't be good for the long term condition of the road.

This is all great news,but I have to go on a short rant.I really,really appreciate what ODOT does but what the fuck is up with their scheduling?Last year they paved 555 in Muskingum county ...this year they are doing two bridge repairs and one major bridge replacement in the same area that requires the pavement to be torn up.That makes me wonder.So I go on my way over to 78 that was paved between Glouster and Malta late last fall and everything is beautiful until I get a few miles from the 377 turn off...there's two places where they cut the beautiful new pavement  to put pipes or some thing across the road!They were working in this area last year BEFORE they paved it.And now all the other construction on 556 and 536 while they're paving them.I'm a big fan of ODOT,we have hundreds of miles of great roads in excellent condition in southeastern Ohio,but this scheduling sure makes me scratch my head.

• Upvote 1