Nephew Considering a Motorcycle

RCBS

I wasn't able to use the old "gas saver" excuse when I was shopping.  My commute is 7 miles, so I don't care if gas goes to $6 gallon.  He does drive 60 miles each way for work though.  2 gallons of gas vs 8-10 in his pickup every day.

I wasn't told so, but I'm sure one of his buddies likely has gotten/is looking at motorbikes.  I don't have a problem with whatever motivation he is using to justify a purchase.  Would love to see him riding.  I'm just trying to help guide him down a logical and safe path.  

Edited by RCBS

I also live in the a Zanesville area.Another problem for me when it comes to the gas saving argument ...I work in several different locations east of Zanesville.My morning commute is usually 30-40 miles.For some strange reason my evening commute stretches to 150-200 miles.;)

• Upvote 3

Just now, drc32-0 said:

I also live in the a Zanesville area.Another problem for me when it comes to the gas saving argument ...I work in several different locations east of Zanesville.My morning commute is usually 30-40 miles.For some strange reason my evening commute stretches to 150-200 miles.;)

That will happen!  I usually take the scenic route home when I am on the motorbike.

11 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

My Chevy gets better fuel economy than my bike. I can't argue in favor of commuting by motorcycle for any practical manner. It's more dangerous than the car. It's more expensive than the car. 

However, being able to straddle the tank for the drive home can be therapeutic. That's about $120/hour of savings, per my latest visit to the head doctor. 

He's got a Ram with a Hemi on 35" mud tires.  His millage is shit.  He obviously could have picked a more practical vehicle considering his commute...but where's the fun in that?

Head Doctor?  Is that a woman who is very good at fellatio??  Always been apprehensive about seeing a head shrinker.  Figure they'll call the guys in white coats on me!  Pretty sure no one wants to see what's going on in this melon.