100,000 miles on my Speed Triple

motociclista

It turns out that if you ride regularly and you keep a motorcycle long enough, you eventually put some significant miles on it.

My 1997 Triumph Speed Triple has rolled over 100,000 miles. It spent nearly two years in storage, getting little mileage, and for almost all its life it shared duty with other bikes in the garage. But for a while it was my only bike, and for a long time it was my primary transportation. So eventually I rolled over the odometer without really trying.

I've owned it since it was a year old, and now it's clear we'll be together til death do us part. I think it still looks decent from a distance (at least the right side).

Anyone who's interested in more details can find them at my web site.

SpeedTriple100kweb.JPG

SpeedTriple99999web.JPG

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Congrats on a big milestone.

I remember my bike's first 100K like it was yesterday. 

Like a comfy pair of shoes

So how many miles have you racked up on the China bike already?

I'm guessing you have already put more miles on it than most bikes will ever have.

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

China is 6 months old and 13,000 miles. Miles pile up slower on it...not travelling so fast, taking more breaks.

SV650 is a 2003 and has 228,000 miles

Danimal you are a machine. I was feeling like I was about to accomplish something by riding 10,000 miles between the 2 bikes I've owned this year. I guess not since you have put 13,000 on 1 that you've only owned 6 months and that doesn't even include what you've put on the SV in that time. 

25 minutes ago, Danimal said:

let's not highjack the thread....it's not often that any m'fer rides a bike 100,000

No worries. I realize there are a few people here who have more than 200k on a bike. My mileage has always been spread out over too many bikes (which is a good thing, in a way) but this one I've kept long enough to get to six digits. I wish I knew how many total miles I had on bikes, but I really couldn't honestly come up with a close estimate.

9 hours ago, motociclista said:

I'm trying to remember her name, but there was a woman who had 200k+ on an FJR, as I recall.

I found the person I was thinking of. @the_silverfox She did a lot of Iron Butt rides, but it looks like she moved to California a couple of years ago. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Motociclista I read your blog. It was really well written. As a math teacher I'm always in awe of those that can write. I hope to hit 100k on bike some day. Congrats on the milestone.  

You really should get his book.

Congratulations on hitting the 100k club.

8 hours ago, durk said:

Motociclista I read your blog. It was really well written. As a math teacher I'm always in awe of those that can write. I hope to hit 100k on bike some day. Congrats on the milestone.  

Thanks, durk. I have similar respect for those (such as math teachers) who didn't get a C in statistics in college. And I did that even after getting an A in calculus. Ask me anything about calculus today, and I'm basically done after telling you how to spell the word.

• Upvote 1