Midohio 10/3 track day

rusty

Dan, I'm pretty sure it is communicable and you picked it up during the ncbike and Summit trip... Known as trackfever, most commonly occurring at the end of track season, but it's been known to insect first time track riders as well. LOL

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Im out for next week. 

Saving $ for barber. 

found a way to save money and still attend Mid-O:

20 minutes ago, TRMN8TR said:

I've got a mid-ocertificate that expires end of this year. If anyone is thinking of going, I'll make you a good deal on it.

LOL, no peer pressure, none at all  :D

Two absolute great days at Mid-Ohio today and yesterday! I was probably at least 10 seconds off pace with the messed up suspension on the 1k, but I didn't really care, I was just happy to be riding. 

This morning, the fog was so thick you couldn't make out the bridge across the front straight from the paddock. Needless to say, unsafe for bikes because of visibility and moisture.

So, instead of sitting there and twiddling our thumbs.....Mark Junge took everyone for a few sighting laps in the vans. We stopped at a few spots along the way; @blue03636 I'm pretty sure I found the mark you left on Mid-O. After a clear demonstration of the pit in/out procedures, Mark proceeded to show us the racing line in the van. Even with all the dew and moisture in the air, he had the tires squealing the whole way around.....my first time on a race track inside a vehicle did not disappoint.

After that, because of the light turnout, it was decided to combined intermediate and advance groups. So the day consisted of novice and I/A running alternating 20 minute sessions with quick breaks between from 10:30ish on. I got to work with the N group, and I have to say they were great! We kept it very, very mild in the morning, then slowly picked it up and gave feedback to the guys as the day progressed...watched track video between a few of the sessions to spur a little discussion. All in all, it was a ton of work....but the fact that everyone was having a great day made it worth it!

Got in 3 advance sessions, but they were nothing to talk about....other than how ridiculously fun the 1k is in a straight line. When you power wheelie out of T1, the keyhole, into thunder valley, and onto the front straight.....even if the suspension is garbage, you come back into the pit grinning every session.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, RHill said:

Two absolute great days at Mid-Ohio today and yesterday! I was probably at least 10 seconds off pace with the messed up suspension on the 1k, but I didn't really care, I was just happy to be riding. 

This morning, the fog was so thick you couldn't make out the bridge across the front straight from the paddock. Needless to say, unsafe for bikes because of visibility and moisture.

So, instead of sitting there and twiddling our thumbs.....Mark Junge took everyone for a few sighting laps in the vans. We stopped at a few spots along the way; @blue03636 I'm pretty sure I found the mark you left on Mid-O. After a clear demonstration of the pit in/out procedures, Mark proceeded to show us the racing line in the van. Even with all the dew and moisture in the air, he had the tires squealing the whole way around.....my first time on a race track inside a vehicle did not disappoint.

After that, because of the light turnout, it was decided to combined intermediate and advance groups. So the day consisted of novice and I/A running alternating 20 minute sessions with quick breaks between from 10:30ish on. I got to work with the N group, and I have to say they were great! We kept it very, very mild in the morning, then slowly picked it up and gave feedback to the guys as the day progressed...watched track video between a few of the sessions to spur a little discussion. All in all, it was a ton of work....but the fact that everyone was having a great day made it worth it!

Got in 3 advance sessions, but they were nothing to talk about....other than how ridiculously fun the 1k is in a straight line. When you power wheelie out of T1, the keyhole, into thunder valley, and onto the front straight.....even if the suspension is garbage, you come back into the pit grinning every session.

I was gonna ask how that went. I am glad you had a good 2 days. You think running a van on a racetrack is fun, just wait until you get into a car of somesort.

Edited by TimTheAzn