Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

145lbs 5'10" here I wouldn't say I'm fast.. but I'm not exactly a slouch  at my home tracks... the 1199 does take considerably more "effort" to toss around the track than my R6

that being said you have to use your weight for you... or lack of weight for you...   specific strength training .. more Cardio and endurance training  was needed to be able to last the tests of track time on the big bike .. but it doesn't take anymore strength on my behalf to  move the bike back and forth.

15 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Josh Herrin can't be more than 160, and he does pretty well on a 1000.

i would never tell anyone not to get stronger, but you don't need to be adding mass. 

Josh Herrins bike is also sprung for his weight. 

I think Tim was trying to avoid a spring change. 

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Josh Herrins bike is also sprung for his weight. 

I think Tim was trying to avoid a spring change. 

This. We'll see how she does at Road A. I probably wont be able to tell too much the first few days since it's a whole new bike for me so I wont be sure what's "normal" and whats not. Plus I'm sure I'll be distracted by the straight line speed of the thing a bit.

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

This. We'll see how she does at Road A. I probably wont be able to tell too much the first few days since it's a whole new bike for me so I wont be sure what's "normal" and whats not. Plus I'm sure I'll be distracted by the straight line speed of the thing a bit.

If the front feels like wobbly wet noddles and your line is all over the place in the corners for no real reason, you need stiffer springs. 

unless you're worried about being too light for 1.0kg. Sonic springs seems to think at 180lbs with full gear you'd want .95kg. Just stock up on cheeseburgers before each session and you'll be good to go. 

Edited by what

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I just wont take my pre-ride shit. I make no promises for the riders behind me first session out.

My concern was being too light for the springs.

You are, you will more than likely need 0.9 fronts. The rear is probably off too.

Just now, blue03636 said:

You are, you will more than likely need 0.9 fronts. The rear is probably off too.

I guess it's something I'll have to tinker with when I get down there..... still trying to find a shop that will tune my suspension. MPH did my cbr, I called and emailed MPH for the same for my daytona and never heard anything back so I kinda don't want to give them my business again.

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I guess it's something I'll have to tinker with when I get down there..... still trying to find a shop that will tune my suspension. MPH did my cbr, I called and emailed MPH for the same for my daytona and never heard anything back so I kinda don't want to give them my business again.

What are you looking to do? Just setup?

Sweet! That was a slight worry for me. If anything they'll tell me to gain weight or change springs and they'll get it as close as they can during that weekend.

70 days..........

Edited by TimTheAzn

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Sweet! That was a slight worry for me. If anything they'll tell me to gain weight or change springs and they'll get it as close as they can during that weekend.

70 days..........

They will change all that for you while you're down there if you want.they will want you to ride it feels a couple sessions to get your thoughts on it then make changes for the afternoon. They would re spring it for you Saturday night if you want that done. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

70 days..........

Those springs are heavy for you trust me. I run 0.95 and I'm 185. That shit will be stiff like @RonStopable in a gay bar.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Those springs are heavy for you trust me. I run 0.95 and I'm 185. That shit will be stiff like @RonStopable in a gay bar.

Hey dont you pick on Ron, the man put the bike back together for me.

Is Road Atlanta rough? I feel that'll make a difference in me feeling the need for a spring change sooner than later. If its super smooth everywhere I may not notice the stiff springs as much.

You think if I were to buy them and have them change them out, I'd want .95's? Any ballpark estimate on the cost of them doing that at the track?

Edited by TimTheAzn

They will tell you what they think you should have for springs. Il shoot you a pm with their contact info. 

Turn one is bumpy, and you enter it at 80-90, other than that the track is smooth. There is one little "bump" which I hate to even call it that on the last turn. But if you feel it you are on the correct line. 

16 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

They will tell you what they think you should have for springs. Il shoot you a pm with their contact info. 

Turn one is bumpy, and you enter it at 80-90, other than that the track is smooth. There is one little "bump" which I hate to even call it that on the last turn. But if you feel it you are on the correct line. 

Thanks Dan!