Death of spark plugs?

motocat12

7 hours ago, Qman said:

Understood, but right now there are very few gas engines with direct injection out there, so its a little different.  And i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that none of the current gasoline DI engines control ignition timing...they all have spark plugs.  But what do i know?

Almost everything is DI and has ignition timing control 

Edited by zx3vfr

9 hours ago, Qman said:

Understood, but right now there are very few gas engines with direct injection out there, so its a little different.  And i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that none of the current gasoline DI engines control ignition timing...they all have spark plugs.  But what do i know?

No almost everything is DI

The wife's new impala has the LFX engine in it. Direct injected, VVT on both intake and exhaust , direct piston oil injection, intergrated exhaust manifold. Gm calls it thier high feature engine. 3.6 liter pumps out 305HP I'm very impressed with its performance and fuel efficency can't comment on anything else about because we've only put 5000 miles on it.  Some have coined it the greatest v6 ever built, and have heard great reviews. We bought an extended warranty just incase..lol  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

v6_lfx.jpg

Edited by 2talltim