Katana Hate?

hiro

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tpoppa said:

Bleeding the brakes on my VFR will be a pita.

Been there dun that.   I only messed with the linked portion one time.  I ended up using a constant vacuum source to pull the old stuff thru.  What year is the vfr?

32 minutes ago, Qman said:

Been there dun that.   I only messed with the linked portion one time.  I ended up using a constant vacuum source to pull the old stuff thru.  What year is the vfr?

2010 VFR 1200 with combined (not linked) abs.

The trick is to keep the system wet, as in do not introduce air.  Remove the old fluid from the reservoir and top with fresh.  Use vacuums to pull fluid through system until clean comes out.  You will need to continually add fluid as the level lowers.  2 people make this much easier.

Removing all fluid before adding new and introducing air makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 2

Solid, cheap, heavy, reliable bike with a bomb proof motor.  Not gonna hang with the full on super sports, but as long as you keep its limitations in mind, it's a good cheap bike.

I had one and have really nothin bad to say about it. 

Even won 1st place in a bike show with it beating out a 900SS Ducati.  Dude was beyond pissed to lose to a can o tuna. Made it all worth while. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

What hillbilly bike show gave props to a Katana over a Supersport? :lol: 

The Ducati lost because right in the middle of the show the owner had to tear it down and adjust the valves.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The Ducati lost because right in the middle of the show the owner had to tear it down and adjust the valves.

Either that or had points deducted because there sounded like there was something wrong with it's clutch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I had a Harley guy walk over to me at the BP in Clarington when I was refueling the 748. Asked me if that banging was normal. I said, "I sure hope so. She's been making that noise for 29k miles."  

He looked confused and concerned. Lol

Also, Isabella has a metal fuel tank. That's why it needed a reseal the year @jacobhawkins broke it. 

Did you ask him if the oil on the ground under the HD was normal??

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

What hillbilly bike show gave props to a Katana over a Supersport? :lol: 

Pickerington violet festival.

Judged by officials from the AMA. 

:lol: 

I did have a custom ghost flame paint job. Got the plaque to prove it hanging in the party barn. 

• Upvote 2

Actually won first place in two bike shows with that pig.

in the second one, there were only a couple of bikes.

Pretty sure it won't both shows because it was the only one with any custom work. Kind of like entering your stock new car in a car show. Any other car with any custom work done to it is going to beat it. 

Edited by max power