Harley recall

Tonik

5 hours ago, Fin said:

HD... not exactly the lead dog on motorcycle technology.

b1b4998633c099cc20a0ca6f4e5f338f.jpg

They're not alone...

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/30/bmw-motorcycle-recall/

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/recall/bmw-r1200rt-suspension-fiasco-conclude-month/

Edited by JustinNck1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Do Ducati's have back brakes on anything? I know the first few gen's of Multi's didn't.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do Ducati's have back brakes on anything? I know the first few gen's of Multi's didn't.

I can't speak for all of them. But Doc's 1200S Monster didn't. I damn near curbed that thing. Oh. It did work once he said. Only thing was he was rolling when it happened and never pushed the pedal. 

Edited by Al Z. Heimer
  • Upvote 1

My wifes uncle is a extreme old school HD rider. We were talking once and he told me that he never uses the front brakes because it can flip you over the handle bars. At first I thought he was kidding but he was not. :nono: 

• Upvote 1

When I first started riding back in the late 90s I was told to use both brakes. I still find myself doing that at times. Even when using both I rely on the front more obviously. 

23 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You guys use the rear brake? :dunno:

I never use the rear brake... on my old CX500 I used to just grab a fist full of front brake and practice my gymnastic landing skills.  BMW solved that with anti-locking brakes.

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

I agree, BMW has a sh** load of their own problems.
There's a mountain of reported problems with their huge touring bikes, and stupid stuff like can't see the oil level w/o having to use some tool.

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I use both brakes on the street. I havent really used it while on track however. There are some techniques that I am going to experiment with using the rear brake this year but those should only be used on track.

Something like this? :lol:

Rossi.thumb.jpg.310853ef4316159107cabe3b0c11041c.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

My wifes uncle is a extreme old school HD rider. We were talking once and he told me that he never uses the front brakes because it can flip you over the handle bars. At first I thought he was kidding but he was not. :nono: 

Ha... ha... back in the day the banana seat  used to be popular too.
That's the problem with this generation (chuckle), they weren't raised right and can't appreciate the pleasure of geology close up at 50+ mph.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I use both brakes on the street. I havent really used it while on track however. There are some techniques that I am going to experiment with using the rear brake this year but those should only be used on track.

What?  Like a  Swifter and some Pledge?

31 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Those two brief comments aren't near enough scorn Pauly.

I mean it's the fucking thread's title fer chrissake

Thread title is and always has been 'Harley recall'.  It makes no claim that it is news, nor does it claim to be new news.