Your Say - Best 5 All Weather Riding Gear

Fin

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

For my money, I really like Tourmaster pants.  They seem to have the most choices and size options and the quality is really good.  I've never owned a jacket but they are likely just as good. 

Yea ive had great luck with both. On my second jacket and pants in 3 years only replaced them because im not as much of a fat ass anymore.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I bought a tourmaster breathable 100% waterproof cover and ended up with a jammed gas cap lock and water in my gas tank within months(drain was clogged and ran in once i popped the cap).They gave a refund eventually but it had 1 job....

Wait? What? I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen or maybe I'm missing your sarcasim but whats that got to do with a jacket or pants?

And if your talking motorcycle cover how is the covers fault you got water in the gas? Motorcycles are supposed to be designed to park outside in the elements with out a cover.

:dunno: 

Edited by 2talltim

31 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I bought a tourmaster breathable 100% waterproof cover and ended up with a jammed gas cap lock and water in my gas tank within months(drain was clogged and ran in once i popped the cap).They gave a refund eventually but it had 1 job....

Wait! What!?  How did we get to gas tanks?

18 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Wait? What? I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen or maybe I'm missing your sarcasim but whats that got to do with a jacket or pants?

And if your talking motorcycle cover how is the covers fault you got water in the gas? Motorcycles are supposed to be designed to park outside in the elements with out a cover.

:dunno: 

Squirrel!

Edited by 2talltim

19 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

whats that got to do with a jacket or pants?

general waterproof material selection and marketing claims. they claimed it was waterproof I saw evidence it wasn't.  

What if you're camping and hang other stuff under the "waterproof" cover? What if you want to ride you bike after it rains without a wet ass or diapers?

Edited by motocat12

10 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

general material selection and marketing claims. they claimed it was waterproof I saw evidence it wasn't.  

What if you're camping and hang other stuff under the "waterproof" cover? What if you want to ride you bike after it rains without a wet ass or diapers?

Got ya, yea I think this is the problem with most "breathable materials" there is no way they can be 100% water proof and still breath, I would think something like a cover that had pooling water sitting on it it's going to find a way through eventually. But I'll agree they should not advertise it as such. Where clothing probably won't experience pooling water as frequently as a cover would.

Edited by 2talltim

11 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

general material selection and marketing claims. they claimed it was waterproof I saw evidence it wasn't.  

What ever gear you buy for CE certified protection, when it comes to budget minded Rain Gear, TOURMASTER gets my approval.

I've ridden in some very shitty and very cold stuff in my earlier riding years and my Tourmaster rain gear kept me dry and blocks the wind too.

And if you will be riding all day on a Cold day (above 33F) without any Rain. You can simply use it as another layer to block the wind on those Cold rides to increase the warmth for your body with what ever gear you wear underneath.

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

What ever gear you buy for CE certified protection, when it comes to budget minded Rain Gear, TOURMASTER gets my approval.

I've ridden in some very shitty and very cold stuff in my earlier riding years and my Tourmaster rain gear kept me dry and blocks the wind too.

And if you will be riding all day on a Cold day (above 33F) without any Rain. You can simply use it as another layer to block the wind on those Cold rides to increase the warmth for your body with what ever gear you wear underneath.

I like the way you think.

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I wear Levi's and Alpinestars. If I get wet it just makes my ass look that much better. Crotch....not so much. 

I'm CE rated smart ass... and I'm certain all the girls will confess you are quite Bon Jovi when it rains.

I'm happy with my Aerostich Roadcrafter jacket and AD1 pants.  Gore-tex is good, CE rated armor in some places but more can be added easily.  I got my stuff from the discount/demo/returns rack for a good price.  Just waited till my size came up.

Made in America, too.

• Upvote 1