What did you do for your ride today? (v3.0)

Not Brian

seriously though, who does 100% bass and treble and like 20% mid!!! :wtf:

Depends on the setup, but I like bass heavy myself. Mine is set similar with bass at 100%, mid at about 50%, treble about 75%.

Fade looks like it's about 100% rear. Probably to hear as little baby shark or Post Malone as possible. Kids :rolleyes:

The speakers in the doors don't work. Have yet to re-wire them as typical of many XJ's the wiring through the doors has cracked and needs done. Will do that when the full system is installed.

Whatever speakers are in the rear are crap and believe me without these settings they'd be even worse sounding. Currently even with the base up it sounds like two 1987 clock radios back there. :o

New system coming soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

been busy playing with the wife's new daily 2016 gt

lowered on sportlines (rr shock was puking at 20k miles so ordered a set of koni str-t)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1044&pictureid=9310

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1044&pictureid=9309

finally found the wheels and tires i was looking for. got down to lebanon ohio to pick them up and they were 4 rear wheels instead of a 255/40-275/40 stagger. I bought them anyways. Takes a 5mm spacer to clear in the front, but fuck it looks like sex now.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1044&pictureid=9308

Had mad graphics in obetz do the hood and roof to set it apart a bit( i dont know why the album is flipping my pics)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1044&pictureid=9313

lastly found an sve stage 2 exhaust, since I already installed the h pipe i went with just the mufflers. sounds great but the drone is unbearable... so i'll be making another exhaust change soon.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1044&pictureid=9307

Installed the tonneau cover and stake hole caps before getting on the road for vacation. Also set up the stage 3 child protection (protecting the truck from the kids) package in the back seat, but didn't take pics of that, lol.

3f49c5eae857249133919d6487665bb6.jpgc530eb8ad9de5631b8d15cdec6ccac41.jpg1f365de6d0906789821b6b27ab68d982.jpgc92bf16f659b3f36fcb6cfe6043d102a.jpg441e196bc810fbe5b652c3153bda9a82.jpga0b899e2f9ed3b9e69084265678dace2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hand calculate that shit. I don't buy it, especially with a non-factory tune the mileage calculator wasn't calibrated for.

Hope I'm wrong :), but my Cummins MPG calculator is drunk with a tune in it.

Edited by spankis

Installed the tonneau cover and stake hole caps before getting on the road for vacation. Also set up the stage 3 child protection (protecting the truck from the kids) package in the back seat, but didn't take pics of that, lol.

Looks great man! I texted you that you're on for the 14th :)

Show 400mi.
I wanted to! I was pissed because we got stuck on 77 for 2 hours in park. It's at 18 right now, so still not terrible considering it sat at 0 mph for almost 2 hours.

Full disclosure, this is trying to get good mileage. My economy around town was at 13 because I drive it like an idiot, lol.

Brian, we need to meet up at one of the events/cars and coffee. I'd like to drive the na 6.2 to compare. I was shopping for your truck, love the look.

Hand calculate that shit. I don't buy it, especially with a non-factory tune the mileage calculator was t calibrated for.

Hope I'm wrong :), but my Cummins MPG calculator is drunk with a tune in it.

About 18 at the fill up

Finally had a chance to clean up my car - not Tim level of clean but not bad for a daily. Waiting on my new wheels to arrive...

242f2320cc5bb815420a9bc620b84271.jpg

I do think this is the best DD I have ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brian, we need to meet up at one of the events/cars and coffee. I'd like to drive the na 6.2 to compare. I was shopping for your truck, love the look.

Just imagine yours, but like on a super hot day where boost isn't very boosty.

Bought another BMW to replace the X3 that my wife totalled a few weeks ago. Found this X1 in Reno and had it shipped over. I was pretty specific about wanting a 35i with M sport not in black or silver and thats a hard find. This pretty much has every option so it matched up well to her X3 options. This came from an older gentleman so the wheels are rashed and it has a couple dents that need attended to but its a fun car. Im gonna have wheel medic refinish the wheels in black and Ill give it a paint correction and put a coating on it very soon. I might do an MHD stg one flash if I can hide it from her :-). She already agreed to doing some lowering springs at some point. After driving it home I've long forgot about the "SUV" and welcome this sporty "car" to the fleet. And yes, I have 4 blue vehicles now..

UHPz2GXl.jpg

At this late hour...just finished a 5-hour U-joint R&R on the driveshaft of my Lincoln. What apparently was supposed to fit the rear joint by the driveshaft was .06mm too large. Gaddamn Amazon and their faulty MOOG recommendations! Ended up cleaning out two of the old joint's caps, re-packing them with the new needle bearings and grease, and bolting it together. I'm jamming to Yacht Rock and Cory Wong, so the time flew by.

Still...I love wrenching in the evenings with this awesome weather. The mosquitoes are out, doe.

By the way, guys...CHOCK YOUR WHEELS. With the driveshaft disconnected, I lowered the car off the jackstands to adjust them and it suddenly rolled back onto the chocks. If I didn't have something blocking the rear wheels, the Lincoln could've rolled backwards into my truck or possibly onto me if the jacks shift. Safety first!

After driving it home I've long forgot about the "SUV" and welcome this sporty "car" to the fleet. And yes, I have 4 blue vehicles now..

My mom has a 2017 X3, and its pretty incredible how much it handles like a solid sedan from 10-15 years ago. I've never driven any other modern crossover but I imagine they'd make me put a bullet in my head.

Still...I love wrenching in the evenings with this awesome weather. The mosquitoes are out, doe.

Going to be spending a good part of the day today helping with a friends jeep. Wrenching past sundown outdoors is the big no.

My contribution: drove home from work with windows up and volume down for first time ever and found my right side test pipe may have cracked already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not my car, but I've been doing work for friends.

Was up until 2am swapping the door hinges on a '79 El Camino. The door went from bending-the-door-handle stuck and almost impossible to open...to a two-finger lift and an easy close. Amazing how much that fixes things!

QVvwlKKl.jpg

rhvUen7l.jpg

Had to pull the fender...wow, GM really hid all the fasteners on a G-Body. I used the 7mm, 10mm, 11mm, 13mm, 15mm, 16mm, and 17mm sockets :lol:

Up next will be the steelies and new tires once Noebull's got them mounted!

Edited by zeitgeist57
Added pics