Angled Valve Stems, good?

hiro

2 hours ago, Howabusa said:

90 degree valve stems make it a lot easier. I have them on my FJR, not sure what brand. They were on the bike when I got it.

I was thinking this type. This photo is from an FJR site even.

valve%20stem.jpg

15 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

There are some cheap cast (with the B) vs better cnc. I got mine from classic cycles in hillard. There's two sizes I think jap are the larger for once.

You got the better ones? How much? I think my bike would need 11.3mm.

I've been running the 90* the last 2 or 3 changes and have had no issues. Was a little Leary of them at first due to cheap price but they had great reviews. I think brand is Myers. $2 each at Jake Wilson

39 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Not sure if it's true, but a dealer tech once told me that certain types of 90 degree valve stems can leak at speed.   Something about centrifical force pushing it down toward the rim :dunno:

Maybe this type? I saw comments about ones with rubber bases and saw a photo of one with a support bracket.

33442020.DCP_2410.jpg

10 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Not sure if it's true, but a dealer tech once told me that certain types of 90 degree valve stems can leak at speed.   Something about centrifical force pushing it down toward the rim :dunno:

I could see this being true on the non bolt-in type. I know people have had issues with this on FOBO motorcycle tire pressure sensors when using a rubber valve stem instead of metal.

I put the Bridgeports on my bikes & don't have any leakage issues & they do provide easy access.  I don't think I paid $20-25 for them though because I'm a cheap ass,  but I did buy them a couple years ago though.

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2017 at 11:02 PM, hiro said:

Maybe this type? I saw comments about ones with rubber bases and saw a photo of one with a support bracket.

33442020.DCP_2410.jpg

I put two of these on my bike. They both blew out while riding.  Fortunately didn't crash either time but left me stranded.  These are pieces of shit!