Sonik's maiden voyage. 7-22-17

Tonik

Made it back. No incidents almost 2 incidents though first indicated 95mph by a state trooper sitting on a hill on 77. I was only going slightly faster than traffic. My speedo must be way off. 

2nd incident was 5 min away from home sky's opened up I got stuck in middle lane of 77 and could get into any other lane. As soon as I applied the slightest throttle the bike became a wild bronco and I nearly went down.... twice. Pretty sure the ass hat that was tailgating me shit his pants and might have gotten rear ended because as soon as I looked back he was slamming on his brakes. 

• Upvote 1

I'm back. Screw you sissies and the rain. Yea, we got soaked between New Concord and Caldwell. Then it dried out, as did we and it was epic.

Yes I passed Derek on the inside before we got to New Concord.

Then I totally dusted him in 536. I led, he couldn't keep up. Had to wait for his sorry ass at the stop sign at the end. 

There is a new sheriff in town.

Almost took a turkey to the head. It was head high about 4 inches to the right. Hopefully @NinjaDoc actually turned the gopro on for that. 

Hadf four deer cross in front of us 4 times. Derek killed 3 birds before he got to Wooster.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

He forgot to mention where his route tried to take us down a closed road. Good thing the uninvited guy who knows the area could save the day. :D

Hey, a lot of the details of the day have been overshadowed in my head by dusting Derek.

• Upvote 1

I was home later than expected but earlier than worse case scenario :) 

washed the bike just before dark, them nakeds are fun to work on but heck of pain in the exhaust to clean, esp on a day like this. 

Had a great ride, best part of the ride I already had by the time we got to new concord. No rain, dry roads and no traffic. Kind of purged the devil by then. But then ride started. thx tonic for the rain. :D . I mean, for the ride and good tow. The first rain drowned us all. Ride was getting really started from Caldwell. You were getting the hang of the bike by middle of the day, and I was really enjoying the pace and roads. I liked it so much I kept staying back another road and road before peeling off. At first I was having a hard time following coz u were struggling with rhythm. i almost bumped into you if I did not do the flick side ways hehe, but then you settled into the ride and it was smooth. It's gonna be fun riding with you in the coming months. From the sounds of it 536 is were we need to go, it's not at all a liter bike kind of ride unlike other Ohio roads where there is almost a 50/50 distribution of curves and corners. Where 1k is gonna be a hoot to blast off from corner to corner. 536 is a vstrom/ cb500x kinda road :) 

large.IMG_1132.JPG.3009b9d870e31ee28b9ff91bb29ffded.JPG

The only ride pic I took

i was laughing my head head off thinking how the day was progressing. It was total chaos before we all sort of settled into it. Half the guys waiting in another gas station, half the people not knowing which part to join, road closed, Multiple deer sighting, vulture attack, people getting lost, all the rest running around looking for them, of course no signal. 

Mansoon, animals crossing, heavy heat and humidity, no connectivity, riding as if there is no law of the land,  overall I relived my Indian memories :D 

cant imagine I didn't get picture of tonic and shoop, for sure next time. Tonik go pro was not running :( rain flooded and nearly killed it and I took it off for the rest of the ride, and hence enjoyed the ride with no distraction. 

Bike got a wash and quick spray wax job for now 

large.IMG_1116.JPG.8612a7dc58b561a031c31c042438879a.JPG

• Upvote 1

Great ride (sort of) yesterday.  625 miles for me.  Living in Toledo blows.  

Killed at least 3 birds on my way from Toledo to Wooster.  One off the noggin'  -- 

Caught in 3 major downpours.  Those weren't fun.  The first burst of rain, I literally had perfect traction early so I was pushing... probably not smart, but I knew we were trying to beat it through to Caldwell and was hoping by pushing we could beat it.  Boy was I wrong. 

Roads started to dry and we went onward.  Things went downhill for me after that as my front tire deteriorated to a point that made it hard to ride, from the cupping to the lack of traction.  Front kept sliding which is an uneasy feeling.  As the tire started to wear more and more, we hit more rain and it was by far the sketchiest riding I've done.  I was so worried that any moment I was going to completely lose the front, but fortunately,  I was able to make it home safely.  

Yes, Jim smoked me on 536.  I was with him for the most part, but towards the end I really was pushing beyond the limits of the tire and had a few situations that caused me to back off and let him pull away.  It's okay... new tires and I'll invite him on a trip he won't soon forget...   

(This was the tire before the 250 mile journey home) - I've never really had an issue with not getting two rears to a front.  I guess these flat straight Toledo roads proved otherwise.  What's hard to see in the tire photo is how cupped the tire was as well.  

I can't wait for the next one.  

Just now, MidgetTodd said:

Plan the next one on a dry Saturday so I can come. And include 536 so I can take Soniks crown :lol:

This works like Street Outlaws where they have a top ten list. You have to work your way up before you can challenge Number One.

4 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Plan the next one on a dry non MotoAmerica Saturday so I can come. And include 536 so I can take Soniks crown :lol:

You can't make demands as the challenger!  I didn't get a dry non-motoamerica saturday to get embarrassed on 536.   Hell, I couldn't even get non-cupped tires with some tread. 

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

This works like Street Outlaws where they have a top ten list. You have to work your way up before you can challenge Number One.

If we do that we need a category for "Heavy Bikes!"

oceans-13-movie-stills-09.thumb.jpg.0fea49938064c062c313fb84379b1f02.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

If we do that we need a category for "Heavy Bikes!"

Like Street Outlaws this list is invite only. You're not invited.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Rules like that are only put in place due to fear of defeat.

I am not in the heavy bike category, so no...not afraid.  Just don't care. If you want to roll with the rest of us in the real group let me know when you beat Derek, you have to get past him before you can challenge me since his behind me. Way behind I might add.