P.F CHANGS (Have you eaten there?)

NinjaNick

My favorite chinese joint in Dayton closed last year (China House). They served General Tso's chicken with WHITE meat and it was spicy. I only eat white meat chicken and no other place here in Dayton I call uses white meat chicken. So, I figured we would try P.F Changs soon because I'm sure they will have white meat chicken since they're a nice restaurant.

My question is...

How is their food? Anybody try their "Changs spicy chicken"? It's the closest to General Tso's that I see on their menu.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite chinese joint in Dayton closed last year (China House). They served General Tso's chicken with WHITE meat and it was spicy. I only eat white meat chicken and no other place here in Dayton I call uses white meat chicken. So, I figured we would try P.F Changs soon because I'm sure they will have white meat chicken since they're a nice restaurant.

My question is...

How is their food? Anybody try their "Changs spicy chicken"? It's the closest to General Tso's that I see on their menu.

It's complete crap. Then again so was China House.

Please don't crap in my thread. :p:lol:

j/k ;)

:lol:

Seriously though I've eaten at PFs 3 times now and each time it's been bad. The service is better now than when they first opened but the food just wasn't good. I haven't talked too many people who've had a good review of the place.

I'm picky when it comes to Chinese or Korean food. It was alright for typical stuff you might find, but it's horrible compared to a better Chinese place. I haven't found a truly decent one around here in the 15 years I've lived here.

However I like Myong's Cafe for surprisingly decent Korean food.

Honestly I have a problem dropping good money at a fancy chineese restruant since some of the best chineese I know of comes from some of the most grimey places. Case in point there is a high class asian restruant across the street from me that has fried rice for $11 and is no better than a place where I can get it for $6. It's all amercanized anyways so no one place is necessarily more traditional than others. Unless they serve insects, beans and curry.

Good point OG. I just can't find any chinese joint with white meat chicken around here. So I figured since PF is fancy a bit, it might have white meat chicken for their meals.:dunno:

Anyone eaten there that can tell me they do serve white meat chicken with their meals?

Good point OG. I just can't find any chinese joint with white meat chicken around here. So I figured since PF is fancy a bit, it might have white meat chicken for their meals.:dunno:

Anyone eaten there that can tell me they do serve white meat chicken with their meals?

I think the problem here is that cats and dogs dont have white meat.

I had been eating P.F. Changs for a while now and I just took the biggest crap ever it was 7 courics

LMAO, How many Couric's did you shit after you ate that Thurmanator burger Thursday night? I'm surprised you made it through the night. :)

PF Chang's is ok, I don't really care for it too much. I've never had the Spicy chicken though.

I would imagine they would.

I think the problem here is that cats and dogs dont have white meat.

:lol:

Honestly I have a problem dropping good money at a fancy chineese restruant since some of the best chineese I know of comes from some of the most grimey places. Case in point there is a high class asian restruant across the street from me that has fried rice for $11 and is no better than a place where I can get it for $6. It's all amercanized anyways so no one place is necessarily more traditional than others. Unless they serve insects, beans and curry.

That's pretty spot on. Myong's Cafe where I like to get some Korean food is a tiny place out by the Air Force base.

I like PF Chang's. I don't eat a lot of spicy foods so I can't offer you my critique there. I don't like the lingering discomfort of the burning flesh eating sensation.

Their menu selection is different and the food is good but nothing overwhelmingly spectacular. An appetizer, two entrees, and two sodas is a good $35 - $40 check and I'd consider that just a smidge over priced. Throw in a beer or two and dessert and you've bumped it up to $50 - $60.

I wouldn't considered anything authentic because entrees have been modified and commericialized to present and cater to the taste of those who are more health and image conscience.

There's nothing I've ordered there that I didn't like.

Some of my recommendations:

Appetizers: lettuce wraps or calamari

Dessert: banana spring rolls

I saw it with my own two eyes, lol. He even gave a triumphant speech afterwards and then launched into his MrBret for QSL mod speech afterwards. I was inspired.

:lol: Did they give him a free shirt or anything? Or maybe some laxatives to get the things moving. That's truely impressive. I've had trouble just finishing off the regular Thurman burger w/o :puke:.

i love pf changs! good stuff, but i dont consider it to be chinese. it's more of a blend of muliple styles made to be appealing to a large audience. I love everything i've ever had on the menu.