Anyone had this happen?

Mc_spirited

I was riding down Brookpark today, and I was stopped in traffic. Curb lane, behind a few cars. I am on the left side of the lane about one foot to the dashed white. This guy in a car pulls up to the vehicle infront of me. right up next to me. Wasnt trying to pass. Just some old guy, not a real threat. Thats not the first time its happened. I dont know what goes through these peoples heads.

I was riding down Brookpark today, and I was stopped in traffic. Curb lane, behind a few cars. I am on the left side of the lane about one foot to the dashed white. This guy in a car pulls up to the vehicle infront of me. right up next to me. Wasnt trying to pass. Just some old guy, not a real threat. Thats not the first time its happened. I dont know what goes through these peoples heads.

Yeah it usually means they are close enough to me that I kick their the front of their cars to say Hi.

Yeah, I would love to do something like that. But the fact of the matter is ya never know whos gotta gun. The person with the upperhand will always be the cager. For me, no matter what happens I try not to get hostile. If I had my CCW I would be much more defensive. Not like I would pull my gun out, but I definetly would like to have it just in case when I call the cager Cee yoU Next Tuesday.

Yeah, I would love to do something like that. But the fact of the matter is ya never know whos gotta gun. The person with the upperhand will always be the cager. For me, no matter what happens I try not to get hostile. If I had my CCW I would be much more defensive. Not like I would pull my gun out, but I definetly would like to have it just in case when I call the cager Cee yoU Next Tuesday.

You'd call an old dude a c*nt? :lol: Like you said... not a real threat, you need to take it into context. If it was some yappin' bitch on her cell phone not paying attention, then maybe you'd have a case. It seems the 'viligante justice' method most preferred on here is vandalisim to the cager's vehicle. I've never gone that route simply because with my luck, it'd be caught on camera from 18 different angles and witnessed by a cop. I've never gotten away with shit.

Although...

Wipe a booger on his car.
...is a hilarious method of retribution!

I've had people do the same thing to me (pull up along side). I just look at them quizzically, because most people are asshats and wouldn't get it anyway if you yelled at them. As long as you don't feel endangered...just let it go.

If they are that close when they get next to you they were too close when they decided to get within a couple of feet of your tire with their bumper. It's your lane, you have to defend it.

People need to learn to give others a little more space whether it's riders or drivers. Nothing pissed me off more than people that squeeze past or tailgate. Drivers get worse and worse these days.

I just try to get out of the way - drivers tail gating just cannot stop as fast as I can and I'm not eating the engine of some car because they're jerks.

Just get out of the way, shout at them and maybe flip 'em off - then continue enjoying the ride.

ive stopped like that too, kind of off to the side. ive always thought "someone could pull right up here" but no one has yet.

there have been a few times i was following a friends car on my bike, or them following me, and we would pull up like that so we could talk at the lights.

i guess how i felt about it would depend on how they did it. if they just slowly crept up in there, i guess id be cool about it. id definitely be making sure they knew i was there though.

but if they came flying up brakes locked all 4 tires smoking, i wouldnt be happy.

ive stopped like that too, kind of off to the side. ive always thought "someone could pull right up here" but no one has yet.

there have been a few times i was following a friends car on my bike, or them following me, and we would pull up like that so we could talk at the lights.

i guess how i felt about it would depend on how they did it. if they just slowly crept up in there, i guess id be cool about it. id definitely be making sure they knew i was there though.

but if they came flying up brakes locked all 4 tires smoking, i wouldnt be happy.

Yeah, I had my friends sister pull up next to me like that. It pissed me off when she did it. Acting like it was cute or something. I dont really get aggressive with my actions but I do get defensive about my lane. If i am in a situation where traffic is slow and backed up I usually just keep the revs up in first to make myself more known.

......Hi How are ya? No don't mind me sitting here in my lane. No that's okay that you're so self absorbed that you can't see a whole other vehicle already there. No physics is wrong, two objects CAN occupy the same space.

An Old Asshat is still an asshat.......just made it through life without someone killing him.