Decent rides near Columbus?

Harb67

I know this isn't an event or meeting, but this seemed like the best place to post it. Feel free to delete/move as needed.

Can anyone recommend some good places to ride near Columbus? I love riding out in Hocking Hills and other areas in Ohio, but I don't always have time to ride an hour just to get to good roads, ride for a few hours, then ride another hour back home. Sometimes I just want to take an hour or two and get on the bike and have some fun, but I really don't know where to go. So far the best I've seen is Sunbury Road north of Morse. I usually fire up Google Earth and my GPS to try to find interesting tarmac, but so far I've come up empty.

Thanks!

Ignore those guys, yeah riding around columbus isn't the greatest but you can make it fun just for a few hours. If you're already riding out on sunbury road just head out east past hoover dam. A few good roads that you can mix it up on and then take them north to delaware and and get on the two lane section of 315. Also google Map the airport, you'll see a road that runs parallel to the northside of the airport btw 270. Fun stuff just watch for aiport police. Stay off of 315 highway section well at least don't make a habit of riding the hospital bend.

Tired of people telling others to move to another state for good riding. Just shut up and tell em where to ride... Or wait maybe you don't really ride so you don't know where to go.

Also, head up 33/riverside drive and out past the zoo there is a series of about 4 decent turns...haha. Its a short drive from campus and close to my apt. so its usually my late night ride when I'm bored out of my mind.

:dunno: probably goes to both Strected Swingarm City and the "Warehouse"....without a single turn, stretched swingarm heaven :woo:.

Can anyone recommend some good places to ride near Columbus?

Since I've yet to give my suggestion....try hitting a cloverleaf a few times

us209-ny28-2004.jpg

or your local roundabout....

UK_Roundabout_8_Cars.gif

if your on campus dude PM me and my buddy (has yet to post) have found a road about 30 minutes from here that is not to well known.

playerpro has also ridden it with us and gotten his stamp of approval lol

we'll take you up there if you want. These aren't your best twisties like hocking but its good enough to make you feel good in your pants.

edit: just looked at your bike and your other posts "member of the motorcycle club..." (is that me your referring to??)... do you ride the blue 650r and park on north campus in the nosker lot (near fresh)? If thats you then let me know.

if your on campus dude PM me and my buddy (has yet to post) have found a road about 30 minutes from here that is not to well known.

playerpro has also ridden it with us and gotten his stamp of approval lol

we'll take you up there if you want. These aren't your best twisties like hocking but its good enough to make you feel good in your pants.

edit: just looked at your bike and your other posts "member of the motorcycle club..." (is that me your referring to??)... do you ride the blue 650r and park on north campus in the nosker lot (near fresh)? If thats you then let me know.

If its the blue 650 I used to park next to that bike all the time on north campus. Yellow 600rr...thats me...was me.

Yeah that blue 650 is mine.

I knew there had to be something wrong with OSU...and here it is I guess. Hardly any good riding. I'm not looking for any crazy twisties or anything, just something to keep me entertained when it's the middle of the week and I feel like getting out on the bike. Even a 30 minute ride out of town is fine; I just get sick of the traffic and stoplights around here. Some nice suburban sprawl would be very welcome at times.

I'm also in the columbus area around easton, I'm currently laid off and have all the time in the world to ride so hit me up too if you dont mind?

what would be a good place to meet up? The area we go is near Olentangy Liberty HS off Home Rd. Let me know if you can do that and ill PM you my number and we can work something out.

what would be a good place to meet up? The area we go is near Olentangy Liberty HS off Home Rd. Let me know if you can do that and ill PM you my number and we can work something out.

Sweet... anywhere... anytime... let me know!

You could try Amish country out by Berlin, OH. There's some killer roads out that'a way. Lot of deer though, so be careful.

I was just there this past weekend, actually. A friend and I went to Heini's cheese factory two-up. Decent ride, but a bit far. If I'm going to ride that far for the sake of good riding roads, I may as well go down to Logan.

Plus, I hate the thought of getting horse poo flung up onto my undertail :beathorse:. Silly amish.

I was just there this past weekend, actually. A friend and I went to Heini's cheese factory two-up. Decent ride, but a bit far. If I'm going to ride that far for the sake of good riding roads, I may as well go down to Logan.

Plus, I hate the thought of getting horse poo flung up onto my undertail :beathorse:. Silly amish.

MMMMM cheeessseeee. I really would be up for a ride to the cheese factory, then maybe we can collect the horse poo and throw it back at the amish people.

I'm natedoggs friend that has "yet to post" so here it is, agreed with the area up by the zoo and home road. I used to live in Worthington and all through HS i took my jeep out just to explore country roads in Delaware and Union county. I know there are some more decent roads up in that area i just need to take some ginkgo to remember where they are

You could try Amish country out by Berlin, OH. There's some killer roads out that'a way. Lot of deer though, so be careful.

uhh, your gonna have to fill me in on that. I grew up in Berlin/Ellsworth and I know of no Amish. and the roads suck. :confused: We usually head down RT 9 towards Carrolton from Salem.

uhh, your gonna have to fill me in on that. I grew up in Berlin/Ellsworth and I know of no Amish. and the roads suck. :confused: We usually head down RT 9 towards Carrolton from Salem.

...really? I passed at least 10 buggies that day, and half the staff at Heini's and the diner we stopped at were Amish. Not to mention the buggy dealership I saw. Yes, a buggy dealership. It even had "Buy, sell, trade" on the sign out front.