Wonder what it would cost to get one of these imported?`

Mark1647545493

Originally posted by Maro:

Bad ass little car.....

The baddest ass little car. Better 0-60 and handling then anything the united states and most of the planet has ever produced, and its street leagal, AND you can import one for around the same price as a Skyline, possibly less. It's deffinately on my list of "Middle age things to buy."

Whats nice about this car is, oddly enough, it's honda power plant. With no dealer support in this country, its nice to have a fairly common plant behind you. Whats also nice is the aftermarket, refer to the 800fwhp civic. IMAGINE how sick this car can be made!!

Beating a bike around a road course is realy no big deal though. ;)

"The Atom is a rush to drive at even 80 km/h, let alone at the track where the Atom can be configured to pull almost 2g in cornering."

HOLY MOTHER FUCKIN SHIT 2G's!!!!

"Pricing estimates for road cars include estimates of certification, compliance, registration and an Open Wheeler Imports logistics fee of $2900 (rising to $3400 for vehicles ordered from 1 July 2005). "

0-100 in 4.5s .... thats amazing. I require one.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I'd say it cost about 36 million dollars to import one, especially if they had to drive it underwater to get it here.

ya know, it's tiny enough to ship here on a 40ft boat (wouldn't want to take anything smaller across the Atlantic). You could probably break it down and air ship it for under 5 grand. If you ship it here separate from its motor, then install the motor in your garage, you can liscense it as a kit, much looser guidlines.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I'd say it cost about 36 million dollars to import one, especially if they had to drive it underwater to get it here.

If someone could drive one to my door in Hilliard from New Zealand under water without damaging or modifing it in any way, I'd just about pay 36 million! smile.gif

Originally posted by Mustang_Nutt:

If I ever hit the lottery those will be the first two cars in my stable.

A replica or a real one?

If you hit the lottery (or just have some cash down the road) and want to go for a replica, skip the Factory Five and get a Superformance or something else much nicer (and more expensive). The finish of the Superformance up close is 10 times better than the Factory Five. You'll pay for it though.

Superformance with single lug conversion=sexy as fuck. A photographer that was spending a lot of time up at the keyhole at Mid Ohio for the ALMS race had a hard top one. graemlins/leghump.gif

Real one= graemlins/eek2.gif Better hit a big lottery if you want one of those!

I really want an M Coupe as a track car one of these days. I might just skip that and save up the money for one the Atom 2’s.

Originally posted by D:

I saw an article in an autoweek that said the company will build a left hand drive to be imported here for 54K

wow, they know how to make a proffit. Per Top Gear: "Prices start at just under £20,000", that $35,000. I'll learn right hand drive, thanks. ;)