Free: Koi

zeitgeist57

I just rescued 60-65 Koi (I smell REALLY bad right now ;) ) from a 110-year old home my friend is renovating. The pond they were living in was going to be destroyed by backhoe with no regards to the fish.

I'm keeping some of them, but most of them have to go. The pond in my backyard I built last year is too small for some of these fish. Please let me know if your interested! smile.gif

Guest busteryhyman

definately want a couple. when can i come get them

sizes???

i've been looking for two that are about 5-7" long and a few 3-4" ones

Guest visualpoet

I might be able to help you unload some. My dad juast put a pond in his backyard. I'll ask him about it today and holler at you.

*edit* Just IM'ed him, he'll take 5 if you still have them. How big are they?

Originally posted by zeitgeist57:

I just rescued 60-65 Koi (I smell REALLY bad right now ;) ) from a 110-year old home my friend is renovating. The pond they were living in was going to be destroyed by backhoe with no regards to the fish.

I'm keeping some of them, but most of them have to go. The pond in my backyard I built last year is too small for some of these fish. Please let me know if your interested! smile.gif

PM Sent

Originally posted by Mitch:

They are a member of the carp family, you decide. :D

graemlins/puke.gifgraemlins/puke.gif

Carp Crap, they are the same thing. Hmm, would they survive in a real pond, are they algae eaters?

My friend definately wants atleast 4 and he might want up to 10 depending on how big he can build his pond but it's going to take about a week before it is finished. If they can live in a real pond I'll seriously take all of them because there is a nice pond right next to my house. Let if your going to be aroudn this weekend for atleast the ones my friend wants.

Sorry, guys! I had such a demand (both from CR and friends/family) that I gave away 20 and I'm not giving away any more until later this summer. The numbers thinned and my pond is really balanced now. I'll probably still give more away, but not until later. I'll repost when this happens.

Feeders?!? Dude, you're wrong ;)